Vista needs a popup blocker for Vista
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
USA

RideRed to hobgoblin

Premium Member

to hobgoblin

Re: Partly Adelphia's fault

Fact. Adelphia's problems in Los Angeles were notorious, similar to Comcast and Chicago land a few years ago.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Strange then that so many ex adelphian's appear to be complaining eh?

Hob

RideRed
Vista needs a popup blocker for Vista
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
USA

1 edit

RideRed

Premium Member

No, I would suppose they were complaining to Adelphia long before complaining to TWC. TWC just inherited the problems and thus the complainers.

DHRacer
Tech Monkey
join:2000-10-10
Lake Arrowhead, CA

DHRacer to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
I was never an "Adelphian" to begin with. I did happen to be the "hey, you're good with computers and stuff, come help me fix my cable internet problem" guy to many friends, and I dealt with Adelpia in their stead, and it was a head-banging experience to say the least.

Techs were less than helpful on the phone, total retards in the field, and completely incompetent in any other capacity. Its fun trying to explain how thei nternet works to the guy who's getting paid to install it who can't figure out why it it's not working when I can see the mistake but he refuses to.

Fact. Been there, seen it, got the T-shirt, Hobs.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to RideRed

Premium Member

to RideRed
I based my comment around the frequent posters in the Adelphia forum.

Hob

buffalos
@qwest.net

buffalos to RideRed

Anon

to RideRed
Yes they were, I used to work for tech support 5 years at adelphia. And socal was @HOME. Not adelphia. We (Adelphia) bought that crap from Centry cable,GTE,Cable vision (I think that was carlsbad CA).

The plants were run by @HOME. After the @home crash we worked hard to get the Whinning @SS's connection. Santa Monica area ...... @home workers sucked ass but adelphia had to deal with them.

So this arguement happened 4 years ago when adelphia took over. Same bitching people but different companys.

Now though they can fully blame adelphia because the company is no more.

People get yojur facts str8.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102 to DHRacer

to DHRacer
I had a similar experience with Cogeco in Canada when they deployed... Installers and techs are 2 completely different people. They installed my cable internet, and stated it would take a few hours before I synced (back in 1998/1999). A few days later, I had to put a ticket in, and wait another week to have a tech come out and state that the building had the wrong kind of repeater (one way).

Authority
join:2000-03-29
Los Angeles, CA

Authority to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

That's because ANYTHING is better than Adelphia.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Authority:
said by hobgoblin:

That's because ANYTHING is better than Adelphia.
So they are complaining eh?

Your post like many before it makes little sense.

Hob

Authority
join:2000-03-29
Los Angeles, CA

Authority

said by hobgoblin:

Your post like many before it makes little sense.
An your attitude that you are right and everyone else is wrong is one of the many reasons Adelphia failed.

t3chnical
@qwest.net

1 edit

t3chnical

Anon

NO YOur the reason adelphia and other cable companys will fail. You guys want the world for a CHEAP 100 a month.