uniqs
share rss forum feed

DHRacer
Tech Monkey

join:2000-10-10
Lake Arrowhead, CA
reply to hobgoblin

Re: Partly Adelphia's fault

I was never an "Adelphian" to begin with. I did happen to be the "hey, you're good with computers and stuff, come help me fix my cable internet problem" guy to many friends, and I dealt with Adelpia in their stead, and it was a head-banging experience to say the least.

Techs were less than helpful on the phone, total retards in the field, and completely incompetent in any other capacity. Its fun trying to explain how thei nternet works to the guy who's getting paid to install it who can't figure out why it it's not working when I can see the mistake but he refuses to.

Fact. Been there, seen it, got the T-shirt, Hobs.

--
"No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now, go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them." (R&D Supervisor, Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing /3M Corp.)

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA
I had a similar experience with Cogeco in Canada when they deployed... Installers and techs are 2 completely different people. They installed my cable internet, and stated it would take a few hours before I synced (back in 1998/1999). A few days later, I had to put a ticket in, and wait another week to have a tech come out and state that the building had the wrong kind of repeater (one way).