spc
Search similar:

uniqs
russotto
join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ

russotto

Forget cable

Over the Air is still free. And it's not like you get much with cable besides a bunch more channels with mostly garbage.

marigolds
Gainfully employed, finally
MVM
join:2002-05-13
Saint Louis, MO

marigolds

MVM

Unlike the east coast, most of the west and midwest do not get more than three over the air signals. Many incorporated areas are lucky to even get two (including some metros).
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

Where do you live? the middle of the rockies 100 miles away from the nearest town?

..try again.

marigolds
MVM
Saint Louis, MO

marigolds to russotto

MVM

to russotto
I live here:
»maps.google.com/maps?f=q ··· 168&om=1
We get two OTA signals.

MrsMiller
Certified Curmudgeon
Premium Member
join:2006-11-27
Paige, TX

MrsMiller to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
As for me, I live in Central Texas, on the side of a small hill, amongst towering pine trees. I am also in the protected habitat of a local amphibian and not allowed to clear land without special permits. I am 50 miles from Austin, TX and can receive an intermittant signal from one of their TV stations. Because of the trees, I have no clear view of the southern sky for satellite signals. DSL is not available in my area. Even wireless is spotty in this area. If I want TV or broadband internet my only choice is cable.

You don't have to be in a total wilderness to be limited.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

but you can do things to get signals... put your dish on a mast, cut down a few of the trees.. move closer to civilization. Your post had nothing to do with what I said. Another user made claims that even in metro areas, the most people can get is 2 channels.. I called him on the carpet and you come back to tell me your rare exception story.

The only limit placed on you is your own desires of personal choice. Should you, in your situation, have the same access as the rest of us that drudge the city to have them? Should you have choices living where you chose to? I'd say you're lucky to have cable where you're at.

marigolds
MVM
Saint Louis, MO

marigolds

MVM

I don't think you looked at the map I put up.
I live in the Willamette Valley, home of over 2 million people and four separate metropolitan areas including the one I live in.
I do "drudge the city" and do not have access to over the air channels.