uniqs
FXSTC
join:2007-03-02

FXSTC to rody_44

to rody_44

Re: Verizon vs Comcast Pricing

Click for full size
Click for full size
Roddy,Roddy,Roddy. Comcast is a rip. Here's my bill, 2 of them.

When they reduced my DVR rate they increased my outlet rate. I cant get stand alone HBO it's included in some croc of shit digital package. Their billing structure is just simply erroneous.

Furthermore Verizon is cheaper right out of the gate. Comcast may reduce pricing in Vz video infiltrated towns but that to me just suggests they've been over charging for years. Vz picture quality is unmatched and bandwidth up and down streams make the VOD work like a charm. Comcast VOD takes forever to browse through menu, never mind load a movie. You'd have to be brainwashed or near dead to think that Comcast compares to FiOs. Let us know when Comcast upgrades to PON technology.
magilladke
join:2005-12-07
Collegeville, PA

magilladke

Looks like you have a DVR w/the Digital Basic pacage which is different than what they told me yesterday (wtf).

Execellent post, thanks!
rosh400
join:2004-01-14
Potomac, MD

rosh400

I'm switched to FIOS on Tuesday. I have no premiums, two SD STBs and two HD DVRs. I am paying $6 less per month than Comcast and that was for Comcast's expanded analog service and only 1 DVR. I did manage to sneak one DVR through the gate with only analog service. The VZ price included a $5 per month discount because i have the internet service, and a $9.99 per month discount because I signed up for one year.

So after a year I will pay $4 more per month but get twice as many channels (including more HD channels - two PBS instead of one, HDnet and HDnet movies instead of on INHD channel, and UHD), one more DVR, far better SD picture quality, and somewhat better HD picture quality. In another year in Montgomery County MD, Comcast is going to look at their bottom line and WHOA, WHAT HAPPENED. It will be interesting to see how a company that is not used to competing will compete.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

rody_44 to magilladke

Premium Member

to magilladke
like i said if you want all the premiums and digital channels with the triple play. IM me, forget what other people are trying to bullshit you with. if you want it i can have a comcast rep call you. and no the hd is not included if you dont have the dvr service but it is included with the dvr service which is 11.95 a month over the 33.oo a month promo. like i said i recommend the 129 a month promo with the extra 11.95 dvr service. that can get you every single channel comcast has but not the sports package. thats 141 a month for basic- standard- digital plus- hbo-starz-encore-showtime-cinemax-with dvr service. comcast phone service- comcast internet service. and yes its cheaper then verizon. its a triple play price only which comcast has only offered for around 3 months. as far as only being available in towns where fios is available. check and you will see verizon isnt available here. but yes i have it. i will also be happy to pass any persons number over to the comcast rep that signed me up. now listen or dont doesnt matter to me but i can say she would be happy to sign anyone up in either bucks or montgomery county, pa. and no verizon cant touch that price when you consider the extra premium channels you get. but im pretty sure the verizon dvr alone is going to have you up in that same range without the premium channels. you could probably talk her into the dvr service with the 99 dollar plan with digital but she would have to push that thru.
FXSTC
join:2007-03-02

1 recommendation

FXSTC

said by rody_44:

IM me, forget what other people are trying to bullshit you with. and yes its cheaper ,thenTHAN verizon.
Yeah but Comcast has a lot of upgrading to do to even come close to Vz QoS. What's bullshit,besides my bills. The same exact service I have w/Comcast plus Cinemax would cost me $98.84 w/Vz. Vz gives you more HBO's and Cinemax. Comcast doesn't compare when you get down to the wire.

Rody youre not a sales rep, though Comcast does need help selling their Legacy service (FiOS sells itself)and if you need some job security when Vz comes through your town I can call the regional hiring office and help get you set up with a fios job. She/he wouldnt mind helping you out and if you want I can give them your #.(sound familiar)
magilladke
join:2005-12-07
Collegeville, PA

magilladke to rody_44

to rody_44
first, thanks for the posts! i do appreciate it.

one thing you said:
"but im pretty sure the verizon dvr alone is going to have you up in that same range without the premium channels" - the prices are in my initial email. there is almost a $20 difference (big).

i'll call again and see what they can do for the $99 + dvr. i know some people are intersted in the preimium channels (which is cool), but like i said, i am not.

once again thanks!
rosh400
join:2004-01-14
Potomac, MD

1 recommendation

rosh400 to rody_44

to rody_44
Yo Roddy, is comcast paying you a finder's fee for each customer you refer. Quit the hard sell man.
scottbrown77
join:2007-02-15
Downingtown, PA

1 recommendation

scottbrown77

All that said, why would we stay with a company that has been ripping us off for many years? Even if Comca$tlowers their prices to compete with VZ, they have been too high for many YEARS.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

said by scottbrown77:

All that said, why would we stay with a company that has been ripping us off for many years? Even if Comca$tlowers their prices to compete with VZ, they have been too high for many YEARS.
Exactly!

BTW, I just got my first bill with FIOS TV on it. My TV monthly is $116.91 which is for 2 HD STB's and 4 SD STB's, FIOS Premier, Movie Package, and the HBO/Cinemax Combo. There really is no comparison, but the old Comcast bill with 1 HD STB w/ Comcast Digital was $90/month. Comcast Digital Platinum w/ 1 HD STB would be $119.05/month, which is more than my FIOS TV bill for 6 TV's. Plus, I've got more channels.