spc
uniqs

Agrajag
join:2005-04-04
Sewell, NJ

Agrajag to tquan

to tquan

Re: solution: voicemail waiting indicator won't turn off

This about the above comment. It can't happen any faster than it takes for VT to get the message out.

I believe you're correct that we've done all we can with the adapter. These settings are what they change when you call support to tell them this isn't working so that's what they already do.

So now the question is, and I think this has been addressed somewhere previously, why does it take 30 seconds to a minute to get this state back from ViaTalk?

I believe we previously saw this response rate move from much faster to much slower before and I believe a rep mentioned that this was due to system message overhead or something like that. Thus if more people call in to ask for this perhaps they'll bump it up.

CyberSultan
Premium Member
join:2006-07-20

CyberSultan

Premium Member

Before the architecture change last summer, you used to not be able to pick which server you were registered against. So for me, I was persistently connected to jupiter.vtnoc.net. The voicemail for each user was setup on the same server you were registered to. So you could not just switch to another server as you can now. As part of the architecture change, they centralized the voicemail system, so it does not matter which server you register to now. Your centralized voicemail can be accessed from any of their servers.

After they centralized the voicemail, the time went from a few seconds to anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute for the message light indicator to turn on or off. I e-mailed VT about that at the time and they indicated that this was the way it would work from now on because the voicemail was no longer distributed.

Agrajag
Sewell, NJ

Agrajag

That was it. Thanks Scott. I still don't quite understand why the delay has to be there. Common sense fails me here.

I delete a voicemail. Isn't it a rather simple matter to tie a routine to that process that says, "Send an FSK trigger to account xxxxxxxxxxx" and have that be immediate?

Still not sure why what server I'm on makes any difference. It's just an address. Whether it's the same one or a different one shouldn't matter to the routine.
pachocco1
join:2002-01-27
Dallas, TX

pachocco1 to Agrajag

to Agrajag
Did you guys with admin access try to adjust the
VMWI Refresh Intvl:
under the "regional" tab?

I think the default is a .5 (in other words, half a second). Is that what you value you guys have? I do not know the provisioned value.

To give proper credit, I think Fisamo or DracoFelis mentioned this in the Useful Sipura tricks thread. »[Equipment] Useful Sipura tricks...

Agrajag
Sewell, NJ

1 edit

Agrajag

Caddy,

How do you read messages here? The Internet wasn't invented in the age of cavemen so I'm a bit perplexed as to how you found it worthwhile to use or to have the time to even respond given the long time it must take to walk everywhere given that cars aren't actually a necessity.

We're not sitting around obsessing about this feature but if you provide ANY feature then it's perfectly fair to expect some people to express how they feel about it.

Someone else pointed out the benefit of the Simultaneous Ring feature while another person commented about VT's wonderful support. Shouldn't they just be focused on the core operation of the phone? The rest is, if we take your words literally, unnecessary.

Let's just say I don't agree with your view on this one. We're in a forum. This is where people come to discuss these things. I can line up a cadre of people in front of your door who would call you a crazy fanatic just due to your participation in this very forum.

The point is that it's a bit silly to ridicule any of us for sharing our view about one facet of the service we all pay for while you share your view on it (and share you view on what we should share our views on).