All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
russotto
join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ

russotto

Re: Nameserver slowness

I checked on my "My Speakeasy" page and that nameserver isn't even listed any more. Looks like they might have shut it down and forgotten to mention it to customers...

nixen
Rockin' the Boxen
Premium Member
join:2002-10-04
Alexandria, VA

nixen

Premium Member

said by russotto:

I checked on my "My Speakeasy" page and that nameserver isn't even listed any more. Looks like they might have shut it down and forgotten to mention it to customers...
With the acquisition, I wonder how many other things are going to be shut down where they forget to mention it to customers.
CobraPA
join:2001-10-03
Lansdale, PA

CobraPA to russotto

to russotto
Ah, ha. Yeah, I looked for the dns servers in MySpeakeasy but didn't find them. Now I see they are on the order page. I guess I didn't expect them to change that field, I thought it applied to my original install years ago.

Did this resolve your problem? I looked at email for the last month and don't see a notice, but maybe it occurred a long time ago (the notice) and I never updated.

I assume the response to the service ticket I just entered will say 'update your dns servers used.'

nixen
Rockin' the Boxen
Premium Member
join:2002-10-04
Alexandria, VA

nixen

Premium Member

That is one of the advantages of a DHCP lease (even if renewals renew to the same IP(s)): you can force-update nameservers automatically.