Search similar:

uniqs

TScheisskopf
World News Trust
join:2005-02-13
Belvidere, NJ

TScheisskopf

We live in...

The New Dark Ages. Superstitions and Luddites are everywhere.

lrtc6
join:2004-06-05
Toronto

lrtc6

I don't see what the big deal is, radiation isn't bad for you. There are no studies linking radiation and cancer. Low/high power levels of radiation it's all the same. Just wondering wifi operates 2.4 GHz right? Doesn't the kitchen microwave operate at the same frequency? The only difference is power level dissipation. Also I am sure that the 2nd and 3rd harmonics don't cause any problems off of the original frequency. I can't see wifi being bad for you, it's only up to 30mW. The antenna is like only 12-24 inches away from your body when you use your laptop every days for years right.

I just wish these crazy people would stop with all this radiation crap. Maybe they should wrap themselves in tin foil.

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium Member
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Thespis

Premium Member

What he said...
In addition, isn't radiation used to treat cancer?

cwy1980
Premium Member
join:2004-08-10
Monmouth Junction, NJ

cwy1980

Premium Member

You are right, radiation is used to treat cancer...but it is a form of radiation known as ionizing radiation. What ionizing radiation does is change the electron configuration in atoms...including the atoms that make up genes and whatnot...this change will destroy/alter genes and can kill cells or cause them to malfunction.

WiFi utilizes RF energy which is considered non-ionizing radiation. WiFi potentially could cause bodily harm if one were to greatly increase the output power of their transmitter...but not in the same way as ionizing radiation used in cancer treatment would be.

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium Member
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Thespis

Premium Member

That's interesting. Are there any studies that show how an over-abundance of WiFi radiation would affect the human body. If so, are the symptoms "suffered" by this woman similar?
Guess I need to do some searching...