MVM
join:2001-04-20

1 edit

Dezbend

MVM

Mafia game 5

First the rules

General Rules:

1) DO NOT EDIT. Editing posts screws up the vote tallies. Action may be taken against people who edit posts, up to and including unfortunate accident.
2) Night will have a 12-hour time limit. If night choices are not sent in time, they will be forfeited. If all night choices are received before the limit expires, night will end earlier and the results will be announced. Days have no limit and will take as long as needed, unless we stall. If the day is taking a really long time and there is no significant movement on votes, I'll set up a deadline. Once the deadline hits, the person with the most votes, majority or not, will die. I do not expect a day deadline to be necessary.
3) Any person can claim to be any role if they wish. Lying about your role is certainly permitted. Keep in mind that you may run the risk of getting killed if you're a role that threatens the other team.
4) If you need to quit, let the moderator know. We'll try to find someone to replace your role. Do not suicide in the thread, please.

Communication Rules:

1) If your role does not allow it, NO PRIVATE COMMUNICATION. If you are contacted privately by any person with information or analysis about the game, let me know and the player will suffer an unfortunate accident.
2) Do not thumb posts of other players at any time! Contact me if someone thumbs your post. Anyone found thumbing will suffer an unfortunate accident.
3) If you are dead, you are permitted to make a farewell post. Your post cannot contain any information you've learned, nor any analysis of things that have taken place. Do not say anything like "Check out who I had been suspicious of" or anything similar. This farewell post should be more of a "Darn, Go Town/Mafia"-type post. This is perhaps the most-violated rule. Violation of this rule may result in banning from future games, so please, keep the death posts light. This rule extends to Mafia as well! Dead Mafia cannot assist in any manner with analysis, decisions, or any other thing. No communication is permitted between dead Mafia and living Mafia, aside from the farewell post previously mentioned.
4) Living Mafia members can communicate privately at any time, day or night, through private messages or the private forum which they will be given.
5) No posting in the thread by any person during the Night phase. Violators will suffer an unfortunate accident. Night phase begins when the moderator posts saying so (following a lynch).

Lynch Rules:

1) Each player may submit a lynch vote in the thread like this, in bold: Vote: playername. You can also unvote by: Unvote: playername. Bolding is done like this: [ b ] Vote: playername [ / b ] without the spaces inside the brackets. Please try to bold all votes. Only bolded votes will be counted (unless otherwise stated in that player's post). A simple majority will cause a lynch, and the player's role will be revealed by the moderator.
2) When a simple majority is reached, the lynch is locked in. Subsequent unvotes cannot reverse a lynch that reached majority, even if the moderator has not yet stated the death.
3) A majority choosing to Vote: No Lynch will end the day without a lynch and we will proceed to night.

In the event of a deadlocked vote (equal number of town and Mafia), Mafia wins. The same is true for the Serial Killer. If at any time two people are left and one is the Serial Killer, the Serial Killer wins.

Roles will be private messaged to each player shortly after this thread is posted. If you haven't received my role IM within 24 hours or so, I may find an alternate for your role.

If you are new to the game:

I suggest a simple flash overview of the game found here: »www.sitesled.com/members ··· um04.swf

Also take a look at a wiki about the game: »www.mafiascum.net/wiki/i ··· ain_Page
--
If it is not recorded, it simply does not exist.

The Players
AmeritecTech See Profile
Rook008 See Profile
aztecnology See Profile
AzzKicker See Profile
chlen See Profile
SK87 See Profile
Dandy6 See Profile
Hesher See Profile
Jagermeistr See Profile
jcallari See Profile
Joey B See Profile
Liet See Profile
42246015 See Profile
Akasha See Profile
manfmmd See Profile
Sober See Profile
MDReferee See Profile
muzscman See Profile
Obliteration See Profile
Razor155 See Profile
Sarah See Profile
SkiJunkie See Profile
TeatherWind See Profile
yock See Profile
Dezbend

1 edit

Dezbend

MVM

Day 1

Broad Town is once again the scene of a mafia infiltration. The town awakens to find their beloved mayor slain. They know the mafia have returned, their blood boils and cries of “Lynch them!” are heard throughout the town.

It is daytime in Broad Town. There are currently 24 citizens, 13 votes are needed to lynch. Good luck all!

Sarah

join:2001-01-09
New York, NY

Sarah

The Broadtown Crier has finally hired a new Senior Editor... who is coincidentally also named Sarah, just like the last one. She walks into the office on her first day to find out that her first article will be about the violent mob hit on the town mayor.

Akasha
OT Queen
Premium Member
join:2006-08-10
Am I lost?

Akasha

Premium Member

LurLyn arrives early to start making the donuts and brew the coffee. She has also added Cappuccino to the menu along with croissants and bagels.

Cafe is open for business.

AzzKicker
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04
Edinburg, TX

AzzKicker to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
Dezbend, can you put a list of Participants in the top post.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
I read the entire IM this time, okay Ameritechtec?

Good luck, Broadtown.

AmeritecTech
Change we can believe in, 1922
Premium Member
join:2002-09-06
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
I predict this is going to be a very tough game for the town to win. With 16 pro-town persons, we need all but 3 to vote with us to catch scum.
AmeritecTech

AmeritecTech

Premium Member

Er, I read wrong. We have 18-6 on the mafia. How does the SK figure in?

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend

MVM

THE ROLES DEFINED

I made a couple mistakes in the PMs so for referance here are all the roles in this game:
said by Dezbend:

YOU ARE THE DOCTOR!

During each night phase, you can send me the name of one person you would like to protect (other than yourself). If that person is targeted by the Mafia that night, they will not die. The Mafia will not be advised who protected their intended target. You are free to reveal your role in the forum, but remember, the Mafia might kill you if they discover your role (as you cannot protect yourself).

You can message me via DSLr PM or e-mail me at: *************

Good luck!
said by Dezbend:

YOU ARE A TOWNIE

You are a regular member of the town. You have no special powers, but you have your vote and your power of persuasion at your disposal. With the other town members, the cop, the miller, and the doctor, you comprise a 18-6 majority over the mafia. Each day, you will get the chance to vote on a person to lynch. Once a majority is reached, the person will be lynched and their role will be revealed, and we will move into the night phase.

Good luck!
said by Dezbend:

YOU ARE THE COP!

Each night phase, you can send me the name of one person you would like to investigate. I will send you back the role of that person (townie, mafia, etc.) You are free to use this information in your forum postings (please paraphrase, no direct quoting of private IMs), but remember, if the mafia discovers you are the cop, they may kill you.

You can message me via DSLr PM or e-mail me at: ***************

Good luck!
said by Dezbend:

YOU ARE THE TRAITOR

You are pro-mafia; you will win if the mafia wins.

The Mafia members are ***********************************. They are not aware that you are secretly on their team, you need to use your influence as a trusted member of the town to protect these players.

Good luck!
said by Dezbend:

YOU ARE THE MILLER

You are a regular member of the town. You are immune from a night kill (you are not immune from lynching or the SK), but you will show up as a mafia member should the cop investigate you. With the other town members, the cop, and the doctor, you comprise a 18-6 majority over the mafia. Each day, you will get the chance to vote on a person to lynch. Once a majority is reached, the person will be lynched and their role will be revealed, and we will move into the night phase.

Good luck!
said by Dezbend:

YOU ARE THE SERIAL KILLER

You are an independent player not aligned with the town or the mafia. You are able to make 1 day time kill per day starting on the second day. Your goal will be to kill all other players, and you will achieve victory if you are one of the last two remaining players.

You can message me via DSLr PM or e-mail me at: ****************

Good luck!
said by Dezbend:

YOU ARE THE TRAITOR

You are pro-mafia; you will win if the mafia wins.

The Mafia members are **********************************. They are not aware that you are secretly on their team, you need to use your influence as a trusted member of the town to protect these players.
Good luck!
said by Dezbend:

YOU ARE THE GODFATHER

You are a member of the mafia, but will show up as a townie if you are investigated by the cop.

As a member of the mafia, you'd like to see the whole town dead. Each night phase, you and your mafia cohorts will choose someone to kill. As long as that person is not protected by the doctor for the night, they will die. It would be wise for you and your mafia cohorts to assign one person to submit the choice to me, to avoid confusion.

I have set up a forum for mafia members at: *******************

You and your fellow mafia members can choose to use this for private communication, if you wish, or you may use AIM or DSLR's messaging function or any other method of communication.

Your username is ******* and your password is ************

Your fellow Mafia members are ************************

You can message me via DSLr PM or e-mail me at: *****************

Good luck!
said by Dezbend:

YOU ARE MAFIA

As a member of the mafia, you'd like to see the whole town dead. Each night phase, you and your mafia cohorts will choose someone to kill. As long as that person is not protected by the doctor for the night, they will die. It would be wise for you and your mafia cohorts to assign one person to submit the choice to me, to avoid confusion.

I have set up a forum for mafia members at: ***************************

You and your fellow mafia members can choose to use this for private communication, if you wish, or you may use AIM or DSLR's messaging function or any other method of communication.

Your username is ********* and your password is ************

Your fellow Mafia members are ********************************

You can message me via DSLr PM or e-mail me at: ***************

Good luck!

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah to AmeritecTech

to AmeritecTech
Ameritectech didn't read the literature completely and correctly!! I think we all know what that means.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to AmeritecTech

Premium Member

to AmeritecTech
I think he/she is independent. He/she only wins if all others are dead.

MDReferee
Federal Flack
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Germantown, MD

MDReferee to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
As day breaks in Broad Town, a bright orange U-Haul pulls up... Slowly climing out of the cab into the morning sunshine, MDReferee See Profile grabs a copy of The Crier and stops in at LurLyn's for an Onion Bagel with Cream Cheese... As he looks around, he hopes that his decision to move from Capital City to Broad Town was a good one...

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to AmeritecTech

MVM

to AmeritecTech
said by AmeritecTech:

Er, I read wrong. We have 18-6 on the mafia. How does the SK figure in?
I suppose it is 17-6-1. The odds are slightly more in favor of the mafia than last game as we have 1 less player and a miller, but the balance should be close to last game.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology to MDReferee

Premium Member

to MDReferee
said by MDReferee:

As day breaks in Broad Town, a bright orange U-Haul pulls up... Slowly climing out of the cab into the morning sunshine, MDReferee See Profile grabs a copy of The Crier and stops in at LurLyn's for an Onion Bagel with Cream Cheese... As he looks around, he hopes that his decision to move from Capital City to Broad Town was a good one...
The new guy in town is automatically suspicious...

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to AmeritecTech

Premium Member

to AmeritecTech
said by AmeritecTech:

I predict this is going to be a very tough game for the town to win. With 16 pro-town persons, we need all but 3 to vote with us to catch scum.
Uh-oh. Did someone not get a Townie IM??

AmeritecTech
Premium Member
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech

Premium Member

said by Rook008:
said by AmeritecTech:

Uh-oh. Did someone not get a Townie IM??
Actually, check out the post that follows...note that I posted confusion about 18-6 when only a Townie would have known that was incorrect in the Townie PM at the time.

jcallari
The future is unwritten.
Premium Member
join:2001-05-19
Verona, NJ

jcallari to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
Okay... Upon suggestion from a fellow Townie, I'll be opening up a little Italian Bistro on the main drag of Broadtown.

We'll be open for business this afternoon.

AmeritecTech
Premium Member
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
The first matter of business is to kill Sarah, because she is too good at leading the town astray if she happens to be mafia.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to AmeritecTech

Premium Member

to AmeritecTech
It was a joke. I was going to edit and put in the little smiley dude, but no editing allowed.

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH

yock to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
His guitar and a footstool is all he brought with him. With a leg up on one of the busiest thoroughfares in Broadtown, Yock noodles a few notes and sings to the passers-by.

It's a beautiful day in Broadtown,
All the people passin' by.
But people here be actin' strange,
lookin' afraid that they might die.

Oh, and I don't keep that case open for my health, ladies and gentlemen. I sure appreciate whatever you can toss in!

AmeritecTech
Premium Member
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

It was a joke. I was going to edit and put in the little smiley dude, but no editing allowed.
I know but it was a good opportunity to point out that I'm town.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to yock

Premium Member

to yock
Are you going to be singing the whole game?

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to AmeritecTech

MVM

to AmeritecTech
Not all townies got exactly the same IM. I had two errors in it that were corrected by astute readers. That is why I posted all IMs. If your IM says "you are a townie" at the top it may contain slightly incorrect information. Use the copy of the IM I posted in the thread for future reference. Sorry.

Akasha
OT Queen
Premium Member
Am I lost?

Akasha to AmeritecTech

Premium Member

to AmeritecTech
Don't forget the new Bistro owner. I believe Sarah did have help!

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah to AmeritecTech

to AmeritecTech
said by AmeritecTech:

The first matter of business is to kill Sarah, because she is too good at leading the town astray if she happens to be mafia.
No no. That Sarah was killed. I'm someone totally different. It's a common name. The Crier staff told me all about that whole fiasco.

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH

yock to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Are you going to be singing the whole game?
We'll just see how long it's appreciated. =)

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to AmeritecTech

Premium Member

to AmeritecTech
You clever, clever tech.

Akasha
OT Queen
Premium Member
Am I lost?

Akasha to yock

Premium Member

to yock
Singing about it being a
quote:
beautiful day in Broadtown
even after the mayor was slain...

Humm...

Obliteration
Premium Member
join:2005-09-18
Somewhere

Obliteration to AmeritecTech

Premium Member

to AmeritecTech
said by AmeritecTech:

I think all of us townies this round have to play smarter and look carefully. Blindly charging out there will put as at a disadvantage. Also, please follow the rules. Last round some townies committed mod suicide by not following rules. We need the whole town working together and in a smart manner.

Should we lynch on first day or not? I think it does the town more harm than good. I explained why last round but most of the town seemed bend on lynching and it was obviously a townie because the chances mathematically are stacked against us.

Opinions?

MDReferee
Federal Flack
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Germantown, MD

MDReferee to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
said by aztecnology:

The new guy in town is automatically suspicious...
Wouldn't that just be a swell thing to happen on my first day in town...
« Mafia Games: Signup!Mafia Game 6 »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 26 · 27 · 28 · next