takes a look at a massive DMCA takedown campaign being
carried out by the MPAA against sites where it has been
posted: »yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/ ··· 50.shtml

This once again proves the adage about censorship and the
Internet to be valid: "The Internet treats censorship as
damage and routes around it." The MPAA may be able to get
it removed from US based sites, but hundreds of offshore
and foreign ones (including Doom 9's forums, where it is
still up, BTW) have it posted and seem to be DMCA-proof.
yazdzik
MVM
join:2000-07-26
Honesdale, PA

yazdzik

MVM

Without going into the technicalities, the MPAA may be within their legal rights to litigate based upon the DMCA, but at some point, their lawyers know as well that the first challenges to the act itself are just beginning to arise at the appellate level. Most law professors I know, and kids being graduated the last few years are always trying to knit together a possible interpretation of current case law. So far, as of today, 1 may 2007, there is no clear line.

Either the DMCA controls freedom of the press, or the constitution controls the limits which the DMCA can impose upon media of information. At the moment, there seems to be a very limited support for constituional freedom anywhere upon our political stage, and immense support from both the wealthy, for the obvious reasons, and the middle class, for the less obvious reason of fear, just plain generalised fear about terrorism, economic loss, who knows what, that will tend to galvanise polticians toward preserving rights of progerty over rights of persons.

All good wishes,
yazdzik

Tomek
Premium Member
join:2002-01-30
Valley Stream, NY

Tomek

Premium Member

What I find that somebody somwhere is using sequence of numbers that is either my phone number, Social security, or sequence of my lucky numbers? Can I then sue for privacy concerns?

It is just a number, it was a matter of time, but MPAA didn't learned and by acting like crying idiots they got lots of attention on themselves and that number.