Search similar:

uniqs

FLATLINE
join:2007-02-27
Buffalo, NY

3 edits

FLATLINE

[Rant] Time Warner Customer Service

Split from this topic ---> »[Cable TV] Western New York Upgrade?

Time Warner can make all the excuses they want and thats all it is excuses. Check the MSNBC pages for Customer Service issues. Time Warner ranks among the top 5 worst companies in customer service. When FIOS gets here they will once and for all see the error of thier ways. Or maybe they wont. Who knows. Me for one would have never let my company mistreat any customer even if my company was the only one in the area who provided the service. All i know is TW better improve my upload speed drastically or else my account with them will be Temporary.

SkellBasher
Yes Sorto, I'll take my Prozac
join:2000-10-22
Niagara Falls, NY

1 edit

SkellBasher

Re: [Cable TV] Western New York Upgrade?

said by FLATLINE:

Time Warner ranks among the top 5 worst companies in customer service.
It's amazing how people used to pull up all kinds of studies and surveys that used to say how bad Adelphia was at CS, and how good TW was in comparison.

How the tune suddenly changes....Especially considering those same JD Powers surveys which 'can't be wrong, they're JD Powers' show TW as the #1 or 2 cable company, behind DTV /Dish Network of course. :-p

FLATLINE
Buffalo, NY

FLATLINE

BLAH BLAH BLAH I could'nt care less about surveys but when they support my own experiences then ill take notice. Adelphia Sucked and so does Time Warner. They both had the attitude that they could do what they want when they want and never have to explain their actions because they are the only ones supplying the service. These company's would never act like this if there were choices. My point is there will be soon and when there is Time Warner will adjust. Customer Service is Big these days. Don't you want good customer service???? Sure you do. And so do I. I'm not an unreasonable man but I can smell BS a mile away. I worked for company's like this so I know how they operate. As far as J.D Powers goes. Who the hell are they??? I don't trust them like i don't necessarily trust Consumer Reports. They both give good info im sure but can they all be taken as truth? Probably not. The report I referenced on MSN was written in response to customers of Time Warner. The customers posts were also displayed. Your telling me all these people were wrong??? They all were mistaken about the lousy treatment they recieved?? LMAO Good one buddy. So you have no horror stories of your own. So that means thousands and thousands of people were mistaken because you say so. ONE MORE TIME FOR THE CHEAP SEATS!!!!!!! ITS OUR EXPERIENCE'S THAT PROMPTED THIS REPORT> ALL DOCUMENTED BY THE CUSTOMERS THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh by the way here's something that speaks to the credibility of the report on MSNBC. One was done on Home Depot a few months back and low and behold the President and CEO of the company wrote in as well. He acknowledged the fact that many customers were receiving terrible customer service and he pledged to make it right. Mean while the company has made steps to prove they weren't just blowing smoke. The company has begun staffing store with more people and people with more knowledge. This is all we asked for from Time Warner. Make and effort TW. Acknowledge when you screw up or piss customers off. Alienating your customers only hurts you. 95% of business's in the world understand this concept why cant you???

SkellBasher
Yes Sorto, I'll take my Prozac
join:2000-10-22
Niagara Falls, NY

1 edit

SkellBasher

First off, please find your enter key. Whitespace is your friend and mine.

Secondly, my post, although it was responding to your comment, wasn't directed at you.

There was a long running debate in this forum many months ago about the validity of the customer surveys done by JD Powers, and other entities. One faction swore that they were completely accurate, and most of that group were severely anti-Adelphia, and very pro Time Warner. The other group thought that these surveys should be taken with a grain of salt, and their 'loyalty' as it were wasn't all with one company or the other.

I responded because I found it amusing that these same customer satisfaction surveys, which used to be used to 'prove' how bad Adelphia sucked and how great Time Warner was, were now being used to 'prove' that Time Warner sucks.

There was no intent to belittle your issues with them. Sorry for the confusion.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by SkellBasher:

First off, please find your enter key. Whitespace is your friend and mine.
AMEN!
if they cant be bothered to take a breath, why should i bother to try making it out.
OHN
join:2003-02-05
Appleton, WI

OHN to FLATLINE

to FLATLINE

Re: [Rant] Time Warner Customer Service

Verizon is up there are being horrible too. I guess they could be the lesser of the two evils since they are ranked higher up but still listed as a horrible company customer service wise.

nightshade74
Yet another genxer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-06
Prattville, AL

nightshade74

Premium Member

said by OHN:

Verizon is up there are being horrible too. I guess they could be the lesser of the two evils since they are ranked higher up but still listed as a horrible company customer service wise.
Having never lived in a Verizon area I admit I might be
wrong but.....

I just cant see them being any worse than Charter.

// Ran away screaming to Bellsouth / DirecTV

HuKaShI
Premium Member
join:2001-07-11
Clifton, NJ

HuKaShI to FLATLINE

Premium Member

to FLATLINE
I'm gonna have to chime in on this one. I called last night about my modem dropping its connection every time I do anything bandwidth intensive such as video chatting or downloading.

I went through 5 techs, each of who tells me that my modem is restarting every time it reaches a certain amount of download. They say that they will transfer me to another tech to check on this. I mean after 5 people saying the same thing, don't you think one of them would just say "go in and get a replacement for the modem.

I ended up just hanging up on them and I'm just gonna walk into my local TW store and exchange my modem.
61999674 (banned)
Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
join:2000-09-02
Here

1 edit

61999674 (banned) to FLATLINE

to FLATLINE
I have found from my limited experience with TWC CSR is that it is hit or miss on the quality, you can have one that will say "Sure, I can take care of that for you" or another "You need to call ###-###-####(which IS the number you called , they seem shocked when you tell them that)", maybe when I called them everything wasn't ready. ALL things considered, I would give them a B-.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

1 edit

Happydude32

Premium Member

Time Warner Cable is a great company. I don't work for them, but I sure as hell wish I did. I have submitted resumes. I had Dish Network for over 5 years, DirecTV for another 2 years and finally went back to Time Warner in Feb of 2006 when I got my first HDTV. I didn't want to pay $1000 for an HDTiVo that was going to be outdated in a few months.

I really have nothing to say about customer service, because my service, Digital Cable and HSI, has been so good and rock solid, I don't need to call them that often. In 15 months of Digital Cable never once did I have a problem. The Explorer 8300HD may not be as polished as the DirecTiVo but it is just as reliable and a lot more reliable then those POS Dish 501s and 508s. As far as picture quality, in an A-B comparison, for SD, TW wins hands down. Not noticeable on a normal TV, but when blown up on my 42” HDTV, the difference was clear Time Warner was better. I can’t compare HD as I’ve never seen what DirecTV passes off as HD on my HDTV. No rain fade either like with the pizza pans.

I've been a RR subscriber for three years. Two issues, a dying modem which was replaced and intermitted sporadic outages due to a bad cable from the pole to my house, TW was out the next day and I got a full invoice credit (only $29.95 as I was RR only and on a promo), even though the problem was clearly on my end.

I have relatives in West Seneca and Lancaster, good friends in the Lovejoy district of the city and Williamsville, my old boss lives off the 33 in Cheektowaga. While I never had Adelphia, they sucked from what I saw. Picture quality was terrible on cable, and Power Link never was as fast as Road Runner. The only positive thing is Adelphia carried Cinemax HD, Starz HD and ESPN 2 HD. That’s the only thing I’m jealous of.

Wait I do have one complaint about the best cable company on the planet, give me digital phone and give it to me NOW! I cannot stand Verizon, I HATE that company. I was at the Best Buy in Amherst today and some goofball sales rep from Verizon was their promoting Fios, I told him I already have 15Mb broadband and that I have every intention of getting rid of their POTS service as soon as I can get DP.

FLATLINE
Buffalo, NY

1 edit

FLATLINE

x
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 edit

19579823 (banned) to FLATLINE

to FLATLINE
quote:
Time Warner ranks among the top 5 worst companies in customer service.
I believe it!!!!