spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tamovies
join:2007-02-25
Rumford, ME

tamovies

MLTI

The whole state of Maine(7+ Graders) has laptops for kids. Also all Maine schools have a T1, provided by the state, and there is wifi in every room. I am currently a student at one of the participating schools. If you have any questions about this just reply.

»www.maine.gov/mlti/
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

said by tamovies:

The whole state of Maine(7+ Graders) has laptops for kids. Also all Maine schools have a T1, provided by the state, and there is wifi in every room. I am currently a student at one of the participating schools. If you have any questions about this just reply.

»www.maine.gov/mlti/
How rampant is p2p? And are there issues with irresponsible behavior, and whats the Maine approach to them?
tamovies
Rumford, ME

tamovies

Click for full size

No big p2p problems , internet is very locked down. Even Google images is blocked. And if you change the background from the one shown, it will be 3 nights detention.

Go to a game website?
3 nights detention.

Use a Proxy site?
3 nights detention.

Using P2P, like limewire?
5 nights detention.

Go to a really bad site?
5 nights detention + Computer taken away for 2 weeks.

Use the computers for anything that is not for school?
3 nights detention

PhoenixAZ
Get A Mac
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Phoenix, AZ

2 edits

PhoenixAZ

Premium Member

said by tamovies:

No big p2p problems , internet is very locked down. Even Google images is blocked. And if you change the background from the one shown, it will be 3 nights detention.

Go to a game website?
3 nights detention.

Use a Proxy site?
3 nights detention.

Using P2P, like limewire?
5 nights detention.

Go to a really bad site?
5 nights detention + Computer taken away for 2 weeks.

Use the computers for anything that is not for school?
3 nights detention
Maybe thats why it works in Maine. Other schools has it too poorly implemented. Though how do the detentions work? What about if you are using the school provided computers at home for games etc? are those logged as well?
tamovies
Rumford, ME

tamovies

Yes, all of those rules apply to home use to.

Detention- detention very specifically refers to a period after the end of the school day (or sometimes, before the school day) when students who have misbehaved must remain in a designated classroom for a certain time period as punishment for their misbehavior. Usually, the infraction is relatively minor, and includes such offenses as talking in class out of turn or repeated tardiness.