CurtesyFlush
Bababooey, fafafooey, tatatoothy.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-23
Fontana, CA

CurtesyFlush to McSummation

Premium Member

to McSummation

Re: How long do you wait before reporting person(s) missing?

said by McSummation:

Don't forget that some of us "old codgers" want to not be found for a while. We actually have a life independent of the stupid cell phone. It's a pain in the rear when we're at a play and some idiot's cell phone goes off.

We grew up when "instant/constant access" didn't exist. Mommy didn't have to know where we were at all times.

A-frikkin-men. It's been 6 days since I heard from anyone in my family. They have their lives, I have mine. I like it this way. Plus, I hate talking on the phone and don't own a cell.

Maccawolf
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

Maccawolf

Premium Member

IT's been 6 days cos noone WANTS to be in communication with you...

ReVeLaTeD
Premium Member
join:2001-11-10
San Diego, CA

ReVeLaTeD to CurtesyFlush

Premium Member

to CurtesyFlush
said by CurtesyFlush:

said by McSummation:

Don't forget that some of us "old codgers" want to not be found for a while. We actually have a life independent of the stupid cell phone. It's a pain in the rear when we're at a play and some idiot's cell phone goes off.

We grew up when "instant/constant access" didn't exist. Mommy didn't have to know where we were at all times.

A-frikkin-men. It's been 6 days since I heard from anyone in my family. They have their lives, I have mine. I like it this way. Plus, I hate talking on the phone and don't own a cell.
I'm low side of 29 years old...my family gets irritated that I'm not calling every weekend. Yes, I have three cell phones, a home phone, and a work phone, but that's not the point. I have a job, I have a life. If you call, chances are I'm availing myself of one of the two. Leave a message, I'll call you back when I feel like it. They don't understand that.

I'll never forget when I was 15 and I was at my friend's house, who is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER from my mom's, I went there straight from school, she had the number, yet she called the cops and reported me missing because I didn't come home from school. Come on now. At least do the due diligence and check with friends before freaking out.

My point: I think 48 hours is reasonable IF they didn't give you any indication that they were going to be occupied. IF they're the active type, I'd say 72 hours.