Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

1 edit

9 recommendations

Santa Fe

[Serious] It's hard to type this...

It's very hard to type this, but I am going to have to retire as a MOD here at DSLREPORTS.COM. As you've well noticed, I haven't been around much, Real Life & my mom's Alzheimers being the main reason I've been away. And since it doesn't look like it's going to get any better, I think it's only fair to Team Helix and all it's great members if I step down now, because you deserve a MOD that's able to be here full time.

I just want to say that it's been fun, and a great honor to serve you all, and say thanks to my fellow mods, Sunny See Profile and Icarus See Profile for all the help they've given me.

And don't be too sad, I'll still try to pop in every once in awhile, and all my boxen still fold for The cause, both F@H & R@H.

Sad Update: »[Serious] It's over.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar

Premium Member

Sad to hear it, but since we took care of my father-in-law when he had Alzheimer's I certainly can understand.

Thanks for all the help over the years and I will be looking forward to seeing your posts in the future.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k to Santa Fe

MVM

to Santa Fe

Re: [Serious] It's hard to type this...

Man! I hope you check in when you can

Some Mods are seen and not heard and do great. You are one who's been around, participating, and yet - I am sure was an excellent Mod too.

I honestly think of you more as family. Ironically, I am maybe closer to Helix family than my Brothers and Sisters; at least when it comes to communicating. So don't become a stranger.

I will try and keep you Mom in prayer.
JerseyDevil4
Premium Member
join:2006-11-06
New York, NY

JerseyDevil4 to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe

Re: [Serious] It's hard to type this...

Hang in there and be tough, we will keep the folding going.

mig
MVM
join:2000-10-26
Anytown, USA

mig to Santa Fe

MVM

to Santa Fe
I'm so sorry to hear this.

I hope & pray everything works out OK for you and your family.

Maybe you could just take an extended LOA? You will be sorely missed.

Howard73
Habetis bona deum
Premium Member
join:2001-04-01
Little Rock, AR

Howard73 to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
I'm so sorry to hear this.
I too hope and pray everything works out OK for you and your family.

Like mig said: "Maybe an extended LOA."

Take care, man!

rusdi
American V
MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR

3 edits

rusdi to Santa Fe

MVM

to Santa Fe
I have always known Team Helix, with the Train up top!!

I have certainly missed your jokes & puns, sir Train, and I will miss your avatar seen along side the rest of our mods.

I also understand you need to care for your mom. That certainly takes priority. So take care of her and you, my friend!! Another prayer for your mom, and you!

Akasha
OT Queen
Premium Member
join:2006-08-10
Am I lost?

Akasha to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
{{{{{hugs}}}}}} You take care of you and yours first and foremost. We'll be here so you can pop in and say "howdy" from time to time. Sad to see you go... now poor Ick has to control Sorto.

Is that why Justin was our 4th mod for a tryout???

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 edit

Sunny to Santa Fe

to Santa Fe
Oh my, lump in throat ... was not expecting this. And I didn't know your mother had Alzheimers. You have born that sorrow quietly, I think. That is so hard on a family. So hard.

My heart goes out to you and your family and you are all added to my prayer list.

I hope this doesn't mean you won't be here when you can. Your absence leaves a very big hole here. Thanks for helping us understand why it must be for now.

Sorry, but this just makes me so very sad.

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure

mouseferatu to Santa Fe

MVM

to Santa Fe
I am more than sorry to hear this, SF. You have been "the Train" and one of the three folks at the top of the forum since I joined Helix, and I can't imagine Helix being any other way.

I will miss your day to day presence here. You have the best jokes- no one else will derail quite the same way- and I expect that the lists of Team Helix "people data" will be lacking without your being here every day.

I hope that we will see you often, and that you will continue to drop those "Train wreck" jokes as you find them. I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers... it is for her and everyone with similar issues that we fold in the first place.

Arel.

lonnyb
Blessed Beyond Belief
Premium Member
join:2004-01-25
San Antonio, TX

lonnyb to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
I'll miss you and I'll be praying for your mom and all people that care for her. I understand some of your struggles since I take care of my mom here at home. She suffered a severe stroke 15Jul04.

TwoFrogs
Times Fun when You're Having Flies
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Redlands, CA

TwoFrogs to Santa Fe

MVM

to Santa Fe
I too am very sorry to hear this, SF. You have done excellent work as a mod and of course you have been the punster supreme for longer than I have been hanging out here. But, you've got your priorities straight. I hope that things improve for you and that you are able to drop in on a frequent basis and inflict your terrible jokes on us.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to Santa Fe

Mod

to Santa Fe
So very sorry to hear this, Mr. Train.

You gotta do what you gotta do but don't become a stranger here.

delenn13
De gustibus nil disputandum
Premium Member
join:2006-03-02
Ridgeway, ON

1 recommendation

delenn13 to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
I am so sorry to hear this. I really don't know what to say as..I will miss your "jokes" and your funny "derailments".

But this is so wrong is so many ways. From the comments being made, it's apparent that no one even KNEW this was happening. Just because you are a "Mod" doesn't mean you can't use the "mojo machine."

You are going to need support and lots of it. Run; do NOT walk to your Local Alzheimer's Chapter. »www.alz.org/ You can find it there. They can help and give suggestions as to what to do and expect. Get involved. Don't try to take it ALL on yourself. I have heard of too many caregivers burning out from not letting other people help out. If someone offers to help(even if for an hour) take them up on it. You are going to need that time and it will become very precious to you.

Alzheimer's is a very hateful disease that robs a person of any dignity they have and it is hurtful to the loved one's around them. Just try to remember the good times, get the photo books out(to help you, your family and her) and stay strong.

My prayers and mojo are on the way for you and your mother. Don't forget we are here too.

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY

TrainBuff to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
To my fellow Train,
Plenty of mojo and prayers are going out to both you and your mother.
And please follow delenn's advice.
Please keep in touch and thank you for being a MOD.

TDNickell
Premium Member
join:2006-09-26
Federal Way, WA

TDNickell to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
I'm sad to see you go,and i must thank you for all the help you have given me and others here at Team Helix.
As you always told others that left for a time.
"We'll leave the light on for ya"Good luck Santa Fe!

GeorgeCr
Funny it worked last time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-18
Sheffield,UK

GeorgeCr to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
Good luck Santa Fe See Profile! You'll be missed.

woogie
Mrs. Wafen
MVM
join:2001-11-07
Maplewood MN

1 edit

woogie to Santa Fe

MVM

to Santa Fe
I am sadden to hear of this.

You have been up on top of the forum the whole time I've been a member. First mattmag and now you. :-(

I will send mojo for you and your mom. Best wishes always SF.

I'm still trying to figure out how to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Crazy_girl
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Serbia

Crazy_girl to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
That's very sad.I am sorry to see you have to leave.
Hope that everything works out for you.

seqrets
Premium Member
join:2001-05-03
Nederland, TX

seqrets to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
My GrandMother is going through a form of dementia. It's tough to see her as she is now! I really feel for your Mom, you and the family!

God Bless You All!

And Thank You for being the Great Mod that you have been!

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Coello, IL

opus74 to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
Sorry to hear SF.

Will miss you & your humor.

Take care of yourself & your family.

Check in when you can.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

Icarus to Santa Fe

Mod

to Santa Fe

My best thoughts and wishes to you old friend while you take care of your Mom. Please dont be a stranger and stop in when you can. This place wouldnt be the same without you!

CurtesyFlush
Bababooey, fafafooey, tatatoothy.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-23
Fontana, CA

CurtesyFlush to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
I'll have you know, you'll be PUNishing us with the lack of puns that we'll now be suffering under.

Don't be a stranger, Train.

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium Member
join:2003-10-14
Rosa's Place

BadHat to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
My heart goes out to you and my prayers for your family. Our best wishes and thoughts.

We will miss you as a mod, but keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We need our pun fix from time to time....

wafen
Mr woogie
MVM,
join:2001-02-01
Maplewood MN

wafen to Santa Fe

MVM,

to Santa Fe
I am sorry to see you go, and even more so about your mother.

You will be greatly missed.

Carol6
Premium Member
join:2001-07-08
Garden City, ID

Carol6 to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
We'll miss you, SF! Remember that you're part of the Helix family and we'll always be here for you whenever you can stop by.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

1 recommendation

mattmag to Santa Fe

to Santa Fe

What a tough spot, but one I know all too well. My Mom also has advancing Alzheimer's as well. It is no fun at all, and especially hard on the kids who can't understand why Grandma doesn't recognize them some days.

Hang in there, take care of real life, and this place will be here when you need it!!

-Matt

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
ARRIS NVG589

3 recommendations

Gizmo to Santa Fe

MVM

to Santa Fe
You will be missed but I'll leave the light on for ya..........

Take care!

ehansman
He's Back - KIMI 2012
Premium Member
join:2002-01-21
Over Here

2 recommendations

ehansman to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
NO NO NO NO NO.
NO.