spc
Search similar:

uniqs

xerxes3642
join:2006-02-24
Saint Charles, MO

xerxes3642

once again

naacp talking about crap they know nothing about. who listens to the naacp on corporate franchising issues anyway? why are they even involved? sounds like they need to shut the f*^% up and go back to attacking universities for not having enough diversity.

Ima
join:2003-10-23
Little Rock, AR

Ima

You're quite hostile towards them.. but why?

Anyway, they can voice their opinion/stance on the matter, hell everyone else in the world does when they have no clue what they're talking about anyhow. Why should the NAACP be excluded?

BBR Anti Agenda
@efenderhosting.com

BBR Anti Agenda to xerxes3642

Anon

to xerxes3642
said by xerxes3642:

naacp talking about crap they know nothing about. who listens to the naacp on corporate franchising issues anyway? why are they even involved? sounds like they need to shut the f*^% up and go back to attacking universities for not having enough diversity.
Sounds bitter, someone has issues.

This is a very irresponsible "news" item. The headline makes it seem like the entire NAACP supports Greg Moore position on broadband deployment. It may surprise some people that not all African-Americans think exactly alike, even if they belong to the same organization. No where does Greg Moore imply that he is speaking on behalf of the NAACP. George W. Bush is white, does that mean everyone who is white support his views? Of course not.

This "news" item does it's best to make it seem like the NAACP is talking out of both sides of their mouths. If you read the release, the NAACP of Florida supports the bill because it increases competiton, which help to keep prices down.

What this "news" item fails to mention is that the cherry-picking provisions were taken out of the bill the NAACP supported. This is FOX NEWS style reporting. Slanting and distorting facts coupled with inflaming sensitive issues is low. BBR should be ashamed.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

1 recommendation

Karl Bode

News Guy

quote:
This "news" item does it's best to make it seem like the NAACP is talking out of both sides of their mouths.
The NAACP does that for themselves. Effort wasn't really required.
quote:
If you read the release, the NAACP of Florida supports the bill because it increases competiton, which help to keep prices down.
It does? Surely then you can find me heaps of real Florida consumer advocates who think SB0998 was a good idea. You can't? That's because they all think it's an awful bill.
quote:
What this "news" item fails to mention is that the cherry-picking provisions were taken out of the bill the NAACP supported.
Incorrect, and makes no sense. Actually, all of of the amendments concerned locals tried to include in the bill to prevent cherry picking were pulled, according to my conversations with Florida PIRG's Brad Ashwell.

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Airstrip One

tapeloop

Premium Member

said by Karl Bode:
quote:
This "news" item does it's best to make it seem like the NAACP is talking out of both sides of their mouths.
I'm sorry, but I can't find anything that indicates Moore's opinion is that of the entire NAACP. I wouldn't be surprised if others in the organization disagreed with him, considering conflict caused the most recent president Bruce Gordon (who, if you're keeping score, was a Verizon & CBS exec) to resign after little over a year.
soothsayer15
join:2002-03-01
Irving, TX

soothsayer15 to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
quote:
said by Karl Bode:

quote:
Wow. Talk about an objective rational response. The previous two were right. Nowhere does Greg Moore claim to be speaking for the NAACP.

Your article is very misleading and I can see why people would question it's agenda. You fail to mention that the bill passed 117-2. The Florida legislature isn't made up of 117 black members and 2 white ones. This vote was almost unanimous which shows black, white, Latino, republican and democrat voted for this. Why the need to single out the NAACP?

»www.miamiherald.com/458/ ··· 084.html

Like I've said numerous times in the past, no one reads the articles or researches for themselves. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but sayings it's news is bull. Unfortunately few people can tell the difference between a news article and an editorial.

Karl Bode
News Guy

1 edit

Karl Bode to tapeloop

News Guy

to tapeloop
Greg Moore is a spokesman for the NAACP, and the executive director of the National NAACP Voter Fund, and is taking a political position in a public paper, commenting on the record on NAACP positions...

Yet you can't find anything that indicates he's speaking for the entire NAACP? I imagine yes, hopefully there are people inside the organization that understand these bills have a negative impact on deployment.

Too bad they're not talking.
Karl Bode

Karl Bode to soothsayer15

News Guy

to soothsayer15
quote:
The previous two were right. Nowhere does Greg Moore claim to be speaking for the NAACP.
Moore is the Executive Director of the NAACP National Voter Fund, taking a political position in a major paper. Yet you don't think he's speaking on the behalf of the NAACP?
quote:
Your article is very misleading and I can see why people would question it's agenda
You're the only one "questioning its agenda" and you work for Verizon in Texas, judging from your posting history. The NAACP is advocating broadband connections to everyone, yet supporting bills that ensure the exact opposite. I don't know, I find that worth mentioning.

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium Member
Airstrip One

tapeloop to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
said by Karl Bode:

Greg Moore is a spokesman for the NAACP, and the executive director of the National NAACP Voter Fund, and is taking a political position in a public paper, commenting on the record on NAACP positions...
That still doesn't make him the final say on official NAACP policy any more than an op-ed by say, John McCain or Arnold Schwarzenegger makes their single-issue opinions gospel for the entire GOP.

I should also point out that that Moore is executive director for the NAACP National Voter Fund, which is a separate entity from the NAACP.

Unless the better part of the NAACP's board goes on record to share Moore's opinion or the Association issues a statement, resolution or press release reflecting such policy, then Gregory Moore's opinions speak solely for Gregory Moore.

Karl Bode
News Guy

Karl Bode

News Guy

You're splitting hairs.

He's an NAACP employee taking a political position in a public paper in order to sway voters at the behest of the NAACP. The NAACP in turn is speaking for their phone company donors, which is obvious by the network neutrality position he takes and the bizarre Google "free ride" rhetoric which only incumbents use.

Moore, an NAACP employee, tells us that "broadband in every home should remain our policy goal", yet the organization still supports "franchise reform" as a whole, and participates in a massive disinformation effort funded by incumbent phone providers.

If you want to test your theory that Moore's position isn't theirs, try getting them to publicly state that they support network neutrality laws or oppose bell franchise reform. I promise you they won't do it.....and it has nothing to do with minority concerns...

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium Member
Airstrip One

tapeloop

Premium Member

So noting that one is head of a separate organization is "splitting hairs" now? Hm.

And, disingenuousness notwithstanding, even if one were to prove the negative of the NAACP proper sharing Moore's opinion, it would render the headline moot as the two entities would no longer be in contradiction, would they?

Karl Bode
News Guy

Karl Bode

News Guy

quote:
So noting that one is head of a separate organization is "splitting hairs" now?
Since the NAACP National Voter fund was created by the NAACP for lobbying purposes, espouses NAACP political positions, and takes funding from the NAACP, yes, you are.