soothsayer15

join:2002-03-01
Irving, TX
reply to Karl Bode

Re: once again

quote:
said by Karl Bode:

quote:
This "news" item does it's best to make it seem like the NAACP is talking out of both sides of their mouths.
The NAACP does that for themselves. Effort wasn't really required.
Wow. Talk about an objective rational response. The previous two were right. Nowhere does Greg Moore claim to be speaking for the NAACP.

Your article is very misleading and I can see why people would question it's agenda. You fail to mention that the bill passed 117-2. The Florida legislature isn't made up of 117 black members and 2 white ones. This vote was almost unanimous which shows black, white, Latino, republican and democrat voted for this. Why the need to single out the NAACP?

»www.miamiherald.com/458/story/92084.html

Like I've said numerous times in the past, no one reads the articles or researches for themselves. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but sayings it's news is bull. Unfortunately few people can tell the difference between a news article and an editorial.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:42
quote:
The previous two were right. Nowhere does Greg Moore claim to be speaking for the NAACP.
Moore is the Executive Director of the NAACP National Voter Fund, taking a political position in a major paper. Yet you don't think he's speaking on the behalf of the NAACP?

quote:
Your article is very misleading and I can see why people would question it's agenda
You're the only one "questioning its agenda" and you work for Verizon in Texas, judging from your posting history. The NAACP is advocating broadband connections to everyone, yet supporting bills that ensure the exact opposite. I don't know, I find that worth mentioning.