how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chemaupr

join:2005-06-06
Alexandria, VA

Mapping should be a cake!

Just establish a rule that ISP provider should report available speeds per addr. Is not a big deal. After all, they already have this information, otherwise they would not sell it to you. If I wanted HSI from cable or teleco they asked for my addr to verify availability. Use the same info and make a national db and use whatever mapping service to fill in the data.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

i totally agree. service build out needs a GIS approach....clearly they are not doing this.
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

It would be a good thing

If instead of making a hard fast definition just have a map of who has what speeds in what area at a given price range, and a rating system for customer service such as we have with our National Airlines for on time service and baggage loss, etc. Speed of your connection is one thing, but customer service, price, and a reliable connection are very important as well. Most of this stuff you can find anyway if you dig deep enough but have a one stop site where you can get this type of information would really be nice.
--
Remember safe sex does not prevent crabs.

RIRWIN1983

join:2005-08-30
Columbus, OH
reply to chemaupr

Re: Mapping should be a cake!

will never happen, as it will show where they are cherry picking with the faster speeds at.

marigolds
Gainfully employed, finally
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-13
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:2
reply to chemaupr

Absolutely!
The definitions are only relevant for administrative rules. The mapping can be carried out just by requiring reporting.