spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

siouxmoux

@comcast.net

Well if this New Bill Pass,It will be a blow to ATT Marking

Well if this New Bill Passes, It will be a blow to ATT current Marking plans for their Low Speeds DSL tiers.

Their new Revised DSL Ads should state. The all new ATT has the lowest price for speed of 56k 2.0. just 14.95 for 786k!

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
said by siouxmoux :

Well if this New Bill Passes, It will be a blow to ATT current Marking plans for their Low Speeds DSL tiers.

Their new Revised DSL Ads should state. The all new ATT has the lowest price for speed of 56k 2.0. just 14.95 for 786k!
Glad someone is getting it.. Yes, AT&T will hurt the most, at this time at least. (Technically Verizon too!) Oddly enough, not so much Qwest... well, at least on the upload side. So far they are the closes to the proposed upload requirements - my 1.5/1, which is supposed to be 1.5/896 trains at 1536 / 960 and does achieve about 870 on the upload with the overhead.

The only thing that does get me about this proposal is that the cable industry still haven't done much to increase the upload as well.

So, what I see happening is if the NCTA DOES get it's way, you will quickly see cable pushing uploads speeds up higher in order to have a good marketing campaign against Telco who will be left struggling for years to come to meet the proposed standards. This would give legal permission for cable to slam telephone for not being "broadband"..
--
"Complaining is the least path of resistance for the self-reitchous and lazy..."