uniqs

statecop
Premium Member
join:2002-09-16
Heflin, AL

statecop

Premium Member

North Alabama connection issues?

Anyone else in North AL losing connection about every 5 minutes?

I have lost connection twice while trying to send this post. I do not know why I am still paying $72 for a connection that is sub-par and unreliable. I think I am going back to DSL if this isnt solved soon.

neofate
Caveat Depascor
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Birmingham, AL

neofate

Premium Member

I'm considered Northern Alabama, but You seem to be talking about the CMTS at the edge.

It is localized at least, because Here in Birmingham/Inverness/Chelsea/etc.. Things are not dropping out on us.

Have you given them a call to see if its a 'widespread' outage reported?

TPoise
.NET Superstar
join:2006-07-03
united state

TPoise to statecop

to statecop
In Chelsea, I get disconnected often. My AOL Instant Messenger has to reconnect every 20-30 minutes. I never got this on DSL
conaty
join:2006-11-13
Birmingham, AL

conaty

In Vestavia have been losing connection alot lately. Modem resets about every 10 minutes some days lately. Also, speeds have slowed appreciably. Called customer support? and they said "buy a new modem and try that"

neofate
Caveat Depascor
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Birmingham, AL

neofate to TPoise

Premium Member

to TPoise
said by TPoise:

In Chelsea, I get disconnected often. My AOL Instant Messenger has to reconnect every 20-30 minutes. I never got this on DSL
Guess I shouldn't speak for everyone..

The network feeding Chelsea is fine. So something must be locally wrong for your connection to be dropping so often. Could be poor signals to your modem, or a problem out in your node. As for the General 280 Corridor east of 459, I know the feeds are solid. Individual 'build-outs' could be old, or problematic as all cable systems.

Not to praise completely though -- My return levels are much too high in this area, and the HD has a high BER -- (Audio/Video Chop) -- But the HSI, with high Return values, still operates fine.

Buy a new modem and 'try that' ? lol -- Good support there. Probably have better luck taking out C notes and throwing them at the computer.