poppster
Tell the truth and then run.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-23
Midwest

poppster

Premium Member

Dell AIO 922 Driver for Ubuntu

Is there a driver for this printer????? Or some type of workaround?

Ubuntu 7.04 32bit.

Thanks in advance.

TwKs
join:2007-04-29

1 edit

TwKs

Thats a rebranded Lexmark, right? Lexmarks aren't exactly Linux friendly. My advice: get an HP if possible, they work flawlessly and usually trouble free with Linux.

poppster
Premium Member
Midwest

poppster

Premium Member

not really in the market for a new printer, because this one is piratically brand new.

drjim
MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA

drjim

MVM

You're out of luck, chuck.
»openprinting.org/show_pr ··· nter_922

poppster
Premium Member
Midwest

poppster

Premium Member

damn.

i'm not going back to windblows, so maybe i have to look for a new printer.

what about this article?

»www.pcworld.com/article/ ··· cle.html

drjim
MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

drjim

MVM

The best resource for determining which printer buy is the Linux Printing website. You name, they probably have it listed, along with what (if any) driver is required.
What do you print? If mostly B&W text, look into a cheap laser printer. I have a Brother HL-1440 that's simply amazing considering I paid less than $150 for it. When I need color, I send the file to my son....

poppster
Premium Member
Midwest

poppster

Premium Member

I really don't do a lot of printing, I just like the idea of a working printer. If need be, I can always use my wife's pc and send the file to the networked printer.

TwKs
join:2007-04-29

TwKs to poppster

to poppster
said by poppster:

not really in the market for a new printer, because this one is piratically brand new.
I know how you feel. When I started using Linux, I had only Lexmark printers. I went thru hell and back to get them to work, and they never did work right. I then discovered that Lexmark does not really care to make their products function under Linux, so I started spending my money eslewhere: HP. My comment was not meant to be flippant at all. I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

poppster
Premium Member
Midwest

poppster

Premium Member

said by TwKs:
said by poppster:

not really in the market for a new printer, because this one is practically brand new.
I know how you feel. When I started using Linux, I had only Lexmark printers. I went thru hell and back to get them to work, and they never did work right. I then discovered that Lexmark does not really care to make their products function under Linux, so I started spending my money eslewhere: HP. My comment was not meant to be flippant at all. I'm sorry if it seemed that way.
No, please don't feel as if I took your comment the wrong way! Sure this printer is about 2 years old, but we hardly ever use it, so to us, it is practically band new. I guess we'll look for a new printer because I love Ubuntu!