uniqs

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend to Jehu

MVM

to Jehu

Re: Mafia 8: Strange Days in Broadtown

Just for the record, I will be voting against folks who use an “attack the person” approach. This is a mafia tactic to draw attention away from analytical thinking. I also will be sticking with my strategy from game 6 that is watching for bandwagoners and wishy-washy voters and especially voters who do not give an explanation as to their vote.

I am afraid however there may be posting limitations set up in this game (i.e. can not make first or last vote, can not post more than x words per post, etc.) because of the closed format. Therefore I will not be as narrow minded in my pursuit as I was in the previous game.

good luck town, hope everyone has fun!
42246015 (banned)
I was there on 9-11
join:2007-04-22
lol

42246015 (banned)

said by Dezbend:

Just for the record, I will be voting against folks who use an “attack the person” approach. This is a mafia tactic to draw attention away from analytical thinking.

For the record, I myself believe the opposite is true, usually the outspoken and 'attacker' type people have turned out to be crazy townsfolk trying to get a response from people to decide if they are mafia or not based on how they react.

And if we don't 'attack' anyone, how exactly do we get any mafia lynched? Someone has to get attacked every round.

Jagermeistr
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Oradell, NJ

Jagermeistr

Premium Member

said by 42246015:

said by Dezbend:

Just for the record, I will be voting against folks who use an “attack the person” approach. This is a mafia tactic to draw attention away from analytical thinking.

For the record, I myself believe the opposite is true, usually the outspoken and 'attacker' type people have turned out to be crazy townsfolk trying to get a response from people to decide if they are mafia or not based on how they react.

And if we don't 'attack' anyone, how exactly do we get any mafia lynched? Someone has to get attacked every round.
you heard it here first folks- lollercakes = mafia

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to 42246015

MVM

to 42246015
Ah, I was not clear.

I believe in the lynching - to develop voting patterns and what not. What I don't believe in is a statement like "Don't listen to Dezbend he has been wrong in the last 4 games - he is a total idiot." (see: »www.mafiascum.net/wiki/i ··· e_Person).

It is true that townies have entered into this type of attack, thus my warning. We should not be using it, let it be a tell-tale sign of the mafia. It is the kind of argument they might make.
42246015 (banned)
I was there on 9-11
join:2007-04-22
lol

42246015 (banned) to Jagermeistr

to Jagermeistr
said by Jagermeistr:

said by 42246015:

said by Dezbend:

you heard it here first folks- lollercakes = mafia
Oh yes. Like the past 4 games where I always got lynched in the first round or two, and it was always discovered I was pro-town. Lynch me again and make it 5 times, go ahead. I hope you don't of course, but what can I do? Each time I claimed to be innocent, nobody believed me, but I was always shown to have not been lying and have been innocent each time. Oh well.

I almost wish I were mafia this game, because always being pro-town is getting boring. At least this time I got a power role, but everyone did any way, so nothing special there lol.

42246015 (banned) to Dezbend

to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

It is true that townies have entered into this type of attack, thus my warning. We should not be using it, let it be a tell-tale sign of the mafia. It is the kind of argument they might make.
The problem is; what is stopping the mafia from also taking your advice and not using that tactic?

Any gameplans or tactics we come up here, the mafia can copy just as easily. I still think looking at voting patterns is the best and most proven way to find out who is who.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend

MVM

Fair enough. I agree that voting patterns are the hardest to "fake" - but I just want pro-town roles to act like pro-town roles so there is not accidental lynchings. If you are pro-town but acting like mafia it is your own problem if you die.