Premium
join:2002-05-07
Fort Smith, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

2 edits

Mr. Ham's house of cards could ...

Soon come tumbling down....

I sense that lawyers for corporations that have trademarks connected to some of these typo'd domain names will be having a chat and shakedown session with him in the future...to quote from the article..

"Bitter domainers are one thing, lawyers another. And at the moment, Ham's biggest concern is that corporate counsels will come after him claiming that the Cameroon typo scheme is an abuse of their trademarks. He may be right, since this is the first time he's been identified as the orchestrator.

When asked about the .cm play, John Berryhill, a top domain attorney who doesn't work for Ham, practically screams into the phone, "You know who did that? Do you have any idea how many people want to know who's behind that?""

Hmmmm....doesn't look good.....personnally I can't stand people or corporations that try to corrupt the open architecture of the Internet for their own monetary gain....I grind my teeth every time I run across one of those stupid 'domain parking' sites when I typo an address....just give me the 'page cannot be displayed' error - thank you very much....

lt_wentoncha
Red6

join:2002-05-12
said by N10Cities:

Soon come tumbling down....

I sense that lawyers for corporations that have trademarks connected to some of these typo'd domain names will be having a chat and shakedown session with him in the future...to quote from the article..

"Bitter domainers are one thing, lawyers another. And at the moment, Ham's biggest concern is that corporate counsels will come after him claiming that the Cameroon typo scheme is an abuse of their trademarks. He may be right, since this is the first time he's been identified as the orchestrator.

When asked about the .cm play, John Berryhill, a top domain attorney who doesn't work for Ham, practically screams into the phone, "You know who did that? Do you have any idea how many people want to know who's behind that?""

Hmmmm....doesn't look good.....personnally I can't stand people or corporations that try to corrupt the open architecture of the Internet for their own monetary gain....I grind my teeth every time I run across one of those stupid 'domain parking' sites when I typo an address....just give me the 'page cannot be displayed' error - thank you very much....
He's got money to go to war. I doubt he's afraid, really. I do want the preservation of Error 404, though.
--
Arrogant People Suck.
AMW
FBI's Most Wanted
Interpol's MW