Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to Anon

Mod

to Anon

Re: Mac the BA DSL Guy

Anyone who values their own time, would pay extra if they were confident of saving time and hassle.

The drive to have the lowest price product has driven humans out of the customer service business and left dumb computers. Thats a false economy.. which is better for the US? a few customer service professionals, or millions of customers, spending hours of their own time project managing solutions to problems the company causes them.
Sure the *company* becomes efficient, but then the *consumer* has to do all the work and inefficiently as well.
MCI saves several million bucks by making it impossible to speak to a human in billing or customer service for longer than 2 minutes. In return for this $5m saving, all of MCI customers run the risk of entering "billing snafu hell", and often do, at enormous expense to their productivity, not to say stress. Thats stupid, thats the american customer service system.

JerryC23
Character Counts 40,41,43

join:1999-10-08
Humble, TX

JerryC23

For nearly 20 years, Bill Gates emphasized low prices with less-than-the-best in either
product-OR-service AND also letting the individual struggle along.
He became the richest man in America and is, therefore, credited with America's great economy due to our dominance in this technology.

Go figure.
System

to justin

Anon

to justin
Ouch.

That really sums it up well. So now I'm sad. I can't name a single service I pay for (cell phone, telephone, LD, credit card, bank, electicity...) where I can actually call up with a problem and ENGAGE a human being in a productive conversation about said problem.

Your post is really depressing, but completely on the mark.

I did find an easy way to rectify my BA billing problem, I just went to the PUC and let them harass BA into calling me with a solution...

AHBAC
join:2000-06-12
USA

AHBAC

I was actually shocked to find a company that thrives on keeping customers happy. They are my cell phone provider, which will remain nameless here as I feel this is not the place to give them a plug. In the last year and a half, I had problems with my phone (not their fault, they sell them but don't build them) and both times, they replaced the phone, no charge, even though after it was out of warranty, I offered to pay. The second time, their rep even drove out to my place of business to personaly deliver my new phone. I had one billing error and it was immediately credited when I called them. Every time I deal with this company, I walk away a satisfied customer. Their people are helpful, knowledgeable, and very pleasant. I wish more companies where like this.