spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jangona
join:2001-07-27
Boynton Beach, FL

jangona

[hard drive] HP laptop ZE4800 boots to blue screen

My HP laptop won't boot up when started, and if you go to the "safe mode", it goes to blue screen and restarts. we've tried all the possibilities on the safe mode screen, and it just restarts. If you try to hit F2 or F12, all you get is a loud beep.

Is it possible to somehow get it running?
ChiTang
MVM
join:2002-08-23
Alhambra, CA

1 edit

ChiTang

MVM

If you think it is a harddrive rpoblem (as suggested by your title), may try to boot to recovery console and do a "chkdsk /r" without quotes.

If it is an OS problem, and you cannot even boot into safe mode and normal mode, you are SOL. You may:

1. Do a repair install if you have the actual install CD.
2. Slave the HD and pull out the data, put the HD back and do a repair install or clean install.

What OS? XPH or XPP? (just curious, not important).
Do you have install CD or restore CD?
Did you try last good known config in safe modem menu?
jangona
join:2001-07-27
Boynton Beach, FL

jangona

i dont think the original cd is with the laptop, but maybe a recovery partition on the disk, i'll have to check. its running XP, and trying the last known config did nothing...
ChiTang
MVM
join:2002-08-23
Alhambra, CA

1 edit

ChiTang

MVM

Depends on the manuafacturer, the so called "recovery partition" may have the OS image or simple a util to create restore CD. If data is important, should slave the HD to backup data first beore trying the fix the issue. May also contact manufacturer to get an install CD (not a restore CD) at minimal cost.

May also borrow an install CD (same version as the laptop) to boot to recovery console and do a CHKDSK.
You can also slave the HD and do a chkdsk that way 2.