spc
uniqs

Jcink
@optonline.net

Jcink to Jcink

Anon

to Jcink

Re: Mail.optonline.net

Well at the time I posted it, it definitely was down for me. It's working just fine now, though.

But that's my problem, it'll work, and go down, and then work for a while, then go down.

Is this a problem though? People who use OOL mail regularly, do they have this problem lately with their email? Or is this only me?

Calendarman
Business Ultra user
join:2000-11-21
Mount Kisco, NY

Calendarman

Stopped using OOL for for email about 4 years ago. They were always terrible,lost email, and went down often, unlike the internet service, which is great!
SteelWheel
join:2004-06-20

SteelWheel

@Calendarman: I've been having my own email issues with OOL for a while now--too complicated for me to post right now, although I may start another thread when I have some time. If you don't mind my asking, are you just totally using webmail instead, or do you pay a 3rd party like GoDaddy for SMTP/POP? The latter is something I'm considering doing myself, so was curious if you had any recommendations. Thanks.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to Jcink

Premium Member

to Jcink
said by Jcink :

Well at the time I posted it, it definitely was down for me. It's working just fine now, though.

But that's my problem, it'll work, and go down, and then work for a while, then go down.

Is this a problem though? People who use OOL mail regularly, do they have this problem lately with their email? Or is this only me?
It seems to depend on what email server you're on. I rarely have an issue (unless it is big and widespread) with OOL email, while others seem to have on going issues.