uniqs
Expand your moderator at work

TeatherWind
join:2001-08-21
Euless, TX

TeatherWind to aztecnology

to aztecnology

Re: DSLR Mafia Game 11 - The Pirates of Broadtown - GAME

unvote lol Vote Older Dog Sorry man.. but just need to get this over!
42246015 (banned)
I was there on 9-11
join:2007-04-22
lol

42246015 (banned) to aztecnology

to aztecnology
said by aztecnology:

Okay then, I'm heading out for beer and pizza...
dude just vote before ya go for you can get night phase on with, and please dont block the lynch. we know you're the magistrate, and are least on the list to be lynched in the future

42246015 (banned) to TeatherWind

to TeatherWind
Ok then that's twilight I think.
older dog
Premium Member
join:2005-06-09

older dog to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
To be honest this pirate is looking forward to his finial resting place.
My messing up the vote on lol may have been a subconscious plea to kill me.

Pirates get a shot of rum before they are hanged right.
I really am a townie guys.

Sorry if my play went downhill as the game went on, the long nights just dragged out to much for me to be able to keep track of things.
older dog

older dog to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
Sarah please don't give up.
After all I am still waiting to see if you are a witch

This game would have ended long ago if not for your skill.

Good luck to all

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH

yock

Premium Member

No reprieve would come in for older dog. He hangs until dead at the hands of the town.

older dog, deckhand and innocent citizen of Broadtown has been lynched.

It is now night. Power roles, let me have it.
yock

yock

Premium Member

Day 10

"What made her a target?"

The town asks themselves this question as they find her lifeless corpse among the shallows along the beach

Sarah, the town Jailer, has been killed.

With 5 remaining, 3 are required to lynch.

Day breaks.

Sarah

join:2001-01-09
New York, NY

Sarah

/ghost in

Thank you for the mercy killing

/ghost out
42246015 (banned)
I was there on 9-11
lol

42246015 (banned) to yock

to yock

Re: DSLR Mafia Game 11 - The Pirates of Broadtown - GAME

Ouch! Yarr, Well that doesn't leave many people. I could have sworn Sarah would be scum, the way she was acting. Well I not always be right.

lol - have been cleared by cop and I know I'm innocent
ameritectech - cleared by cop
aztechnology - says hes the magistrate
mdreferee
teatherwind - cleared by the cop

Out of those 5, I think the choice be clear on who is next to walk the plank!

vote: mdreferee

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology

Premium Member

said by 42246015:

Ouch! Yarr, Well that doesn't leave many people. I could have sworn Sarah would be scum, the way she was acting. Well I not always be right.

lol - have been cleared by cop and I know I'm innocent
ameritectech - cleared by cop
aztechnology - says hes the magistrate
mdreferee
teatherwind - cleared by the cop

Out of those 5, I think the choice be clear on who is next to walk the plank!

AmeritecTech
Change we can believe in, 1922
Premium Member
join:2002-09-06
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech to yock

Premium Member

to yock
I tried to decide if I ought be revealin' this, but wit' 2 votes on someone, I be thinkin' I must. I open'd tha chest last night and found an item named the Telescope Of Truth. It were described as a one-shot investigation that be immune t'any deception. Lol were strikin' me as tha most controversial, so I targeted him. The telescope revealed him t'be tha Pirate Godfather.

Vote: lol
42246015 (banned)
I was there on 9-11
lol

42246015 (banned)

said by AmeritecTech:

I tried to decide if I ought be revealin' this, but wit' 2 votes on someone, I be thinkin' I must. I open'd tha chest last night and found an item named the Telescope Of Truth. It were described as a one-shot investigation that be immune t'any deception. Lol were strikin' me as tha most controversial, so I targeted him. The telescope revealed him t'be tha Pirate Godfather.

Arr, funny there. "lol strikin' me as tha most controversial". Funny up until now you've agreed with me you son of a biscuit eater, and even said mdreferee and older dog were your prime concern. And both of us knew either older dog or mdreferee HAD to be a mutineer. Older dog was lynched, and was discovered not to be a mutineer. That means mdreferee is 100% mutineer. But instead, you decide to use your "telescope of truth" on me? And instead of puttin' in th' final vote for the mutineer mdreferee, you vote fer me?

And I know you be lyin' since I'm be not the pirate godfather,

unvote: mdreferee
vote: ameritectech

unless of course yock tis a bastard mod and made "the telescope of truth" a counterfeit.

but no doubt everyone else but me will believe you and ill be lynched soon, and the mutineers will kill some one the following night, and they win.

so I'd like to say this, me guesses are AmeritecTech is the mutineer godfather, and mdreferee is a mutineer too.

42246015 (banned) to yock

to yock
teatherwind, aztec, you must trust me. i know ye both to be townies just like i be. we cannot believe ameritectech. if im lynched, the mutineers win!

AmeritecTech
Premium Member
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech to 42246015

Premium Member

to 42246015
said by 42246015:

Arr, funny there. "lol strikin' me as tha most controversial". Funny up until now you've agreed with me you son of a biscuit eater, and even said mdreferee and older dog were your prime concern.
That were true and I'm still plenty suspicious of MDReferee, but I also thought all along there were a Godfather lurkin', so I decided t' use it t' target an "innocent" player t' get some valid data. Since ye were tha "innocent" player receivin' the most votes, I assumed there were somethin' I just weren't seein'.
And both of us knew either older dog or mdreferee HAD to be a mutineer. Older dog was lynched, and was discovered not to be a mutineer. That means mdreferee is 100% mutineer.
I weren't totally convinced o' that and I never stated it as such. They were at the top of me list, but I weren't convinced that one of them were certain t' be pirate. I were thinkin' we might be havin' only one pirate left, in which case they might both be innocent. Then again, maybe we do have two.
But instead, you decide to use your "telescope of truth" on me? And instead of puttin' in th' final vote for the mutineer mdreferee, you vote fer me?
It weren't no ordinary investigative tool. It be immune to powers of deception, so I thought using it on an "innocent" person were a good idea as the Godfather be the hardest role t'find.
unless of course yock tis a bastard mod and made "the telescope of truth" a counterfeit.
I believe that t'be pretty unlikely. I've got a pretty good inklin' that the results be accurate.

I mus' say, though, well-played. Ye certainly had me fooled the whole game.
42246015 (banned)
I was there on 9-11
lol

42246015 (banned)

said by AmeritecTech:

I mus' say, though, well-played. Ye certainly had me fooled the whole game.
Likewise!

42246015 (banned)

I am just glad I made it this far.

AmeritecTech
Premium Member
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech

Premium Member

said by 42246015:

I am just glad I made it this far.
Interestin' ye should be bringin' this up as that be the most damnin' evidence of all. You're always killed by tha town or tha mafia early on, so why not this time? Why did tha mafia allow ye to last so long?

Because ye is they.
42246015 (banned)
I was there on 9-11
lol

42246015 (banned)

yarr.. the mutineers let me last this long not b'cuse i be one of them, but because i be a tool in their master plan which is now apparent to me own eyes.

as far as the townies lettin' me live. well i guess that's half luck, and half thanks to maxo for clearin' me with his investigative powr's.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology to yock

Premium Member

to yock

unvote: lol
aztecnology

aztecnology

Premium Member

said by aztecnology:

===> vote: lol
oops...

MDReferee
Federal Flack
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Germantown, MD

MDReferee to yock

Premium Member

to yock
Yar... I be trustin' th' tech!

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
Miamisburg, OH

yock

Premium Member

said by MDReferee:

Yar... I be trustin' th' tech!

And with that, our game comes to an end.

lol is a simple deckhand, and an innocent citizen.

Remaining mutineers are MDReferee and AmeritecTech. Their pirate discussions can be seen here.

MDReferee
Federal Flack
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Germantown, MD

MDReferee to yock

Premium Member

to yock
Yaaaargh!

You won't see any of our endgame discussion over on the other board... it was all done by IM.

I'm okay with posting some of them if AT is...
older dog
Premium Member

older dog to yock

Premium Member

to yock
I new it, now I need to find a way to present what I know with out getting lynched.

Good game traitors, you had more endurance than the town.

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah to yock

to yock
Yarr. Good game MDRef and 'tech.

This game was aggravating for a whole host of reasons, but I place blame squarely on the players. I thought it was a neat idea for a game and I liked the theme and the roles a lot.

I was trying to keep up while out of town and while very sick so I wouldn't be holding up the game for others, and meanwhile half the players barely bothered to participate That sucked. And I got way too aggravated with people who didn't post. But really, please rethink joining games if you're not going to post for days at a time.

I wonder if it was slightly too mafia-heavy - a 1:3 ratio, plus the mafia had a godfather, a doctor, the traitor, and a roleblocker. 40% of their roles would show up innocent to an investigation. We also had the roleblocker, doctor + psych, and a cop, but we were also crippled by the bad cop role which led us to lynch two townies. And the magistrate is a really frustrating role to have in the game, as a townie. (In retrospect the one I modded was too mafia-heavy as well - I try to analyze the games now and see how I could improve it to be a better balance.)

Lesson to lol and older dog: this is why you don't want to appear to defend people (chlen) without knowing their role. You never know who you're giving a second chance to, and it makes you look scummy to the rest of the town when that person turns up scum.
older dog
Premium Member

older dog

Premium Member

In another game with a different set of players you would appear scummy if you did not pull a vote quickly off a role claim such as a cop or doc.

Kind of a rock and a hard place

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah

I'm not talking about unvoting him after he claimed... everyone did that, including me.

But lol made some vague comment about how it "isn't a good idea" to lynch chlen before chlen had even posted, and then you and he both said we should give him a chance to post or roleclaim before lynching him. When he turned up scum, that made you look pretty guilty.

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
Miamisburg, OH

yock to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
The game was supposed to be counterbalanced by a single player that could identify the mutiny captain, but I suspect I neglected to detail that sufficiently to Dezbend. Dirtyjeffer was the Commodore, his thing was that he saw all pirate-speaking players as scum. That was supposed to also continue through to AmeritecTech, the Captain, but I'm not so sure that happened.

The thing that frustrated me the most is that so many of you guys saw the dialect restrictions as a chore and a problem to be solved. As a result, you all used these online translators that made your speech unreadable rather than following the dialect example I game you in your role PM. As a result, too much of the game was spent deciphering nonsense rather than looking for players' missteps in their dialect.

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend

MVM

when I was mode dirty jeffer investigated ameritectech and I told him that he was a bad pirate. Not specifically the godfather.

but maxo had gotten clean results earlier in the game so no one believed dirty jeffer.