Search similar:

uniqs

Sarah

join:2001-01-09
New York, NY

Sarah to yock

to yock

Re: DSLR Mafia Game 11 - The Pirates of Broadtown - GAME

The problem there was that since some of his results were wrong, we didn't believe him when he said 'tech was scum...

I never really had any trouble reading the pirate talk... Maxo posed a bit of a challenge but thankfully he didn't talk too much

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH

yock to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

when I was mode dirty jeffer investigated ameritectech and I told him that he was a bad pirate. Not specifically the godfather.

but maxo had gotten clean results earlier in the game so no one believed dirty jeffer.
That's what he was supposed to get, so that's a good thing. =)

MDReferee
Federal Flack
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Germantown, MD

MDReferee to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
I think what did it, besides AT's brilliance at the end, was the lack of participation as well. It was easy for the vocal players to make an argument and have people follow.

Chlen made a masterful roleclaim at just the right time (orchestrated by AT), it gave us just one extra day. I was also terrified that Maxo was going to get me on his last investigation. That would've changed the balance considerably as I would've come up dirty. Had that happened, I probably would have gone with some kind of Miller claim, but that wouldn't have flown as you guys already had me on the radar. I would've been forced into a WIFOM argument.

You guys were about to lynch me, but it was actually Sarah's jump to aztec that gave us a little more time to swing enough people somewhere else. Had aztec come in and dropped the Hammah on me, it would've been just about over.

Anyway, well played by those that attempted to wade through this one all the way to the end...

Thanks to yock (and backup mod Dez) for hanging in there.

And of course, big props to Maxo for staying true to his creole all the way through.

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH

yock to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
said by Sarah:

The problem there was that since some of his results were wrong, we didn't believe him when he said 'tech was scum...
That's a testament to his skill more than anything, unless you were ignoring his results entirely. I'm not so sure I agree with that disposition, but I wasn't playing either.

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah

You would have lynched 'tech after what we'd seen? Doubtful.

Dirtyjeffer gives us three "scum" results. Antares, cow, and ameritectech. We know Antares was scum; but 'tech was cleared by Maxo.

We run a "test" by lynching cow. Cow is innocent. Thus I figure he's a paranoid cop. He didn't give us any innocent results at all to make me think he was getting anything but "scum" results.

Why would we then go on to kill another person that our actual real cop had pegged as innocent?

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

I would have lynched Tech close to the beginning of the game. I was honest when I said that I wanted the Mafia dead. They were the only ones who could have killed me without bringing it to a vote. I didn't trust Mastr Blastr, tried to kill him, was blocked. I didn't trust MDreferee, tried to kill him, it failed. I don't remember exactly, but I think I did try to kill Ameritectech too.

Do Independent Roles count as Scum, or Independent?

I still can't believe you guys let Ameritech live until the end of the game.

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah

Part of it was that killing off the active people would have made the game slower and slower...

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

2 edits

chlen to yock

Premium Member

to yock
Alright, good going mutineers, it was fun killing with you. Town, it was fun killing you all.

yock, as always thanks. dez, you too.

peace, Doctor out.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
I know, but at least it would have killed some Mafia.

I for one liked the Pirate speak. I wasn't too fond of the Creole, but there was only 2 of them. And they didn't say much. The game lagged because people were just not participating. Even after people just started to add matey and argg, there was no movement. It was a little harder at first, but it kind of grows on you.

Good Game guys. Thanks again for sticking it out Yock. It had some very good moments.
older dog
Premium Member
join:2005-06-09

older dog to yock

Premium Member

to yock
I originally thought Sarah was guilty but the second day I switched to believing it was tech.

I did bring up once or twice that either tech or Sarah had to be guilty, there was just no way the mafia would have let them both get that far in to the game.
Just never saw an opening.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

chlen to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
I had a pretty easy roleclaim, because in a previous game (11 i think) we were heading to a "no lynch" I logged on later to find myself being strung up on the first day. I was the cop and they killed me anyways. This may be why older dog said what he said. So I had good credibility to roleclaim, also since I technically was a doctor, I 0played as one and laid low.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to older dog

Premium Member

to older dog
I though Sarah was a bad "guy" for a while there myself. But Tech was the more obvious one. So I dropped Sarah altogether and tried to show everybody how he was posting.
Unfortunately, after my Role Claim, I suspect people just disregarded all of my posts.

And thanks to the Magistrate, and the Witch Doctor who cured me. At least I died a Townie.
older dog
Premium Member
join:2005-06-09

older dog to chlen

Premium Member

to chlen
said by chlen:

I had a pretty easy roleclaim, because in a previous game (11 i think) we were heading to a "no lynch" I logged on later to find myself being strung up on the first day. I was the cop and they killed me anyways. This may be why older dog said what he said.
Correct
That and my first or second game a similar situation came up, the consensus was that you should back off quickly to prevent the mafia from possibly finishing off someone.
42246015 (banned)
I was there on 9-11
join:2007-04-22
lol

42246015 (banned) to yock

to yock
see i told you all ameritec and mdref were the mutineers thats what yee son of a biscuit eaters get for not trustin' me. maybe next game yee all will let me live till the last round again for i can call the bad guys out again.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

Last round lol, I don't know about that.

MDReferee
Federal Flack
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Germantown, MD

MDReferee to 42246015

Premium Member

to 42246015
New Rule: lollerjingles must be lynched on Day 1 of all subsequent games.

He's just too good!
42246015 (banned)
I was there on 9-11
join:2007-04-22
lol

42246015 (banned)

said by MDReferee:

New Rule: lollerjingles must be lynched on Day 1 of all subsequent games.

He's just too good!
Well good! That will be a sign to every one, that any one that wants to get rid of me early on in the next game is bound to be mafia!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to yock

Premium Member

to yock
Isn't game 15 starting tomorrow? I still haven't watched the '56 version of the movie.

htmlartist
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Issaquah, WA

2 recommendations

htmlartist to yock

Premium Member

to yock
So I was browsing mafiascum.net for the hell of it, and guess what! They have a word for loller.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

That's hilarious.

AmeritecTech
Change we can believe in, 1922
Premium Member
join:2002-09-06
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech to yock

Premium Member

to yock
This was a pretty fun game for me, though I did keep forgetting to use my lingo.

The night that nobody died, I apparently didn't submit a kill in a timely enough manner to Dezbend, because I hadn't submitted anything when day broke and nobody had died. It was an unfortunate coincidence that Sarah had chosen to roleblock me on that night that worked against me.

Due to that and other incidents, I wasn't very satisfied with my play early on. Toward the end, I felt I had a pretty good handle on the roles lurking in the game, so I started throwing out some lies. When chlen was close to getting lynched, I wasn't too concerned about saving him. I honestly didn't think we could, and I certainly wasn't going to have any of us mafia members stick our neck out to defend him with him so close to lynch. We had a serious problem at that point, though. Maxo and aztec's role-claim had cleared a huge portion of the town. We were running out of places to hide and people to implicate. Maxo had to die, but we couldn't find the doctor. I thought having chlen role-claim would flush out the doctor (and if it didn't, chlen could continue living). It seemed a win-win for him to claim as Doctor. Sarah suspected htmlartist at one point, and often when someone seems like mafia, they're actually the doctor, so that's how I decided to kill him. Stroke of luck that he was the doctor, but it meant death for chlen.

I pretended to have a chest with mysterious contents to 1) give myself some legitimacy with the town 2) To prevent any vigilante sort from taking a shot at me 3) To discourage anyone from role-blocking me and 4) to give me some leverage later on if I needed to burn someone down.

When Sarah got the vote going on loller and I opposed it, I really really wanted that lynch to go through. I had written up a really long post implicating Sarah for all the bad lynches, plus the bad lynch of loller amid my protestations, and I was going to frame her vote on chlen as a dissociative maneuver. Also, I was going to call into question her roleblock claim. Unfortunately, the vote on loller did not succeed, so my case on Sarah was significantly weaker. I had wanted to kill her for a while due to her roleblocking ability, but she was accusing all the wrong people, so we kept her around. I decided at that point that I wasn't going to be able to pull off a lynch so she was night killed.

The next day, I was really uncertain what to do. Two people fired off quick votes on MDReferee. The safe course of action would have been to burn MDReferee and try to survive down to 1-1, but I had concerns that some crazy vote might develop against me simply because I was participating.

I decided to go with a crazy idea: claim to have unimpeachable proof and implicate someone the town had already been suspicious of anyway. I considered this to be an extremely risky proposition. For one, as soon as I did it, loller was going to get the whole picture. I knew without a doubt that he would immediately finger myself and MDReferee. Also, I was going against an already-established trend for MDReferee, and it looked suspicious as hell, especially since I had been signed on when those people were posting their MDReferee votes. Thirdly, I was worried that my item sounded really suspicious, though it was the only type of item I could think of to accomplish the task. Then again, I only needed a single vote to add to our two mafia votes to end the game. I pulled the trigger, and as predicted, loller popped off and fingered us both. Fortunately, loller has a history of wildly pointing his finger everywhere when he's about to get lynched, and some of those times he was scum.

This game was tedious and plodding early on, but the last several days were really exciting. I loved it.

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah

said by AmeritecTech:

I was worried that my item sounded really suspicious, though it was the only type of item I could think of to accomplish the task.
I had to laugh when I saw you post the "Telescope of Truth"... sounds more like something from a Harry Potter book than The Pirates of Broadtown. I would've gone the voodoo route since we'd already had magic/voodoo stuff in the game...

AmeritecTech
Change we can believe in, 1922
Premium Member
join:2002-09-06
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech

Premium Member

said by Sarah:
said by AmeritecTech:

I was worried that my item sounded really suspicious, though it was the only type of item I could think of to accomplish the task.
I had to laugh when I saw you post the "Telescope of Truth"... sounds more like something from a Harry Potter book than The Pirates of Broadtown. I would've gone the voodoo route since we'd already had magic/voodoo stuff in the game...
I was going to blame it on Yock if they called me out on it. Anyway, since I was using a chest, I was thinking something pirate/sailing oriented rather than voodoo, not to mention I wasn't a Creole character. Maybe you're right, though. Some voodoo spell could be good.

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah

A voodoo-themed game could be kind of cool. Voodoo dolls, zombies, curses, potions and spells...

All of which is, I'm sure, terribly offensive and wrong-headed to any real practitioner of voodoo, but whatever

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

I think that themed game can be a lot of fun. I was looking for a Role definition and stumbled on a game based on the TV Show "Lost"

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology to yock

Premium Member

to yock
Good game kids...

It turns out I was actually on to something...

»Re: DSLR Mafia Game 11 - The Pirates of Broadtown - GAME

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

Maxo to yock

Premium Member

to yock

Re: Day 10

Good game all. This one was close, and AmeritecTech See Profile was great at playing us for fools. At
said by »Re: DSLR Mafia Game 11 - The Pirates of Broadtown - GAME :

Argh, t'liv'rwurst be 'nk' lmnop.
I was just playing around about how things where kind of difficult to read. When everyone seem to think I was being serious as part of my role I started thinking about that movie where Brad Pitt plays the gypsy and nobody can understand him and he uses it to his advantage. So I found »www.jewsforshalom.org/Cr ··· ist.html and thought I would use that to be completely open about my role as cop. By the time mafia figured me out I was hoping I would have a long enough record of investigations that the town could refer to. In stead I was figured out when I pointed out the first baddie and from there on out the doc kept me alive at night.
By that time I had established my dialect and talking was just too damn annoying to make any real points, so I mostly just watched the game with only minimal participation.
As much of a pain as it was to read my post, it was equally annoying to write it. But it was my idea expanded upon by yock See Profile's instructions, so I can't complain. It served it's purpose well of getting out investigations.
I'll be starting up »Mafia Game 15 Signup tomorrow. Jump in while you still have the chance, but only if you think you really can participate actively.