share rss forum feed

Dampier
Phillip M Dampier

join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY
reply to djrobx

Re: [TWC] TW Officially Announces Packet Shaping for All RR User

said by djrobx:

7:30pm and downloading from NG server at 1180KB/sec. This shaping technology doesn't seem to have hit my area yet.
That is possible, although remember this is in effect only during "peak times" whatever that means (and if someone can get them to confirm what those times actually are, that would be useful to know.)

vasta

join:2003-04-07
Orlando, FL

does this affect Brighthouse users?

must not have hit me yet but i have noticed insanely slow speeds on NG

Dampier
Phillip M Dampier

join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

said by vasta:

does this affect Brighthouse users?
Apparently so in the St. Cloud area at least. See the link above to a post from a user who got telephone confirmation from Bright House in central Florida.

ColorBASIC
8-bit Fun
Premium
join:2006-12-29
Corona, CA
reply to Dampier

said by Dampier:

said by djrobx:

7:30pm and downloading from NG server at 1180KB/sec. This shaping technology doesn't seem to have hit my area yet.
That is possible, although remember this is in effect only during "peak times" whatever that means (and if someone can get them to confirm what those times actually are, that would be useful to know.)
Peak times means you'll only see the traffic shaping when the network traffic is so heavy as to require it. If you're in a cable system that never sees very heavy traffic like the one I'm in (I never see slow downs, ever) you will likely never see it. If you have slow downs in the evening then you will like get caught up in traffic shaping.
--
Macintosh Users Group Serving the Inland Empire