spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

System
reply to Hpower

Re: Cheapter and easier to get

I AGREE WITH YOU, BUT DSL ISN'T THAT MUCH BETTER. SPEND THE MONEY AND DO IT RIGHT. IT FRUSTRATING TO SEE EVERYONE HAGGLE OVER 10 BUCKS FOR AN UPGRADE THAT LIKE YOU SAID, IS ALMOST MANDATORY THESE DAYS!!
AND IF YOU WOULD TAKE YOUR TIME AN EDUCATE YOURSELVES INSTEAD OF WHINING, YOU WOULD REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT A TWEAK IS, AND TAKE A SIMPLE CABLE LINE, AND DOWNLOAD AT 10 MEGS A SEC STABLE. ITS NOT VERY HARD TO DO!

jhboricua
ExMod 2000-01
join:2000-06-06
Minneapolis, MN
HAHAHAHAHA, thank for the clueless post, havent laugh like this in a long time. 10 megs a sec? Man, follow your own advice and educate yourself.

Bottom line, DSL gives u more choices. Choice in speed, ISP, and services. Cable doesn't, u are stuck with one provider and if u dont the way the do business, too bad. But then again, since u are coming from AOL, it probably is the choice for u. ;o)

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
DSL may or may not give you more choices, depending on how far you are from the CO. Even then cable may still be a better value. You have to weigh all of your options.

DSL gives me the single option of 144/144 IDSL for around $100 a month.
Cable gives me the single option of 1500/300 for $39.00 a month.

AOL user or not (in my case definitely not), I think the decision is pretty much a no brainer, eh?

The way I look at it, cable is another broadband option. How it gets to my home is irrelevant. The only things I care about are reliability, speed, latency, and good pricing. If a DSL company offered me something faster or better than the cable I have now, I'd switch. Pretty simple stuff. Cable is not a monopoly as long as DSL is around providing people with more options.

pharbuck

join:2000-06-13
Durant, OK
100$!!!! for that service....where are you living Russia??????

System
reply to jhboricua
choices how? According to every map I can get DSL (zip 63033) however since SW Bell says they won't reconnect me (i had DSL with average 200 kbyte/sec downloads for a week) I can't get DSL, something about wire taps and they won't remove them. I have a dozen ISPs that swore to me over the phone that I could get DSL.

The phone lines are still owned by the phone company, if they say "no DSL" I'm shit out of luck.
« Try CableCertainly easier to get than it currently is! »
This is a sub-selection from Should be SDSL