Search similar:

uniqs

Dave1234
@verizon.net

Dave1234

Anon

How do I delete a recently viewed show from on-demand list

Hi all,

My wife and I have been playing around with the On-Demand selections from various movie channels. We don't particularly want our children knowing what we've been seeing.

Is there any way to delete the recently viewed list from the On-Demand section? If not, how long do the show titles stay there, and does anyone know if the new software will allow you to delete them when needed.

Thanks!

-Dave

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

It deletes itself in 24 hours and holds a maximum of 5 titles, so if you go back to VOD and pick a few more titles to watch, even if it's for 10 seconds, that will delete the oldest ones after the total of 5 has been reached.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to Dave1234

Premium Member

to Dave1234
One other recommendation - turn on the parental controls. I BELIEVE this also works with on-demand (if it didn't it would be a really crappy version of parental controls). You can have it "hide" the titles of stuff that's listed as TV-MA. It replaces the listing with "Adult Title" or something like that, and it removes the description. I learned how to use it when we got the movie pack, and I saw what movies they play during the day... and the titles on some of those movies... well, I didn't want my kids scrolling through the guide and seeing some of the titles and descriptions.

Like I said, I haven't done this with on-demand (that is, I haven't tried listing an on-demand title for something that's TV-MA), but I gotta believe this will work for on-demand as well. Also, it'll prompt you for a pin number to access anything that's blocked.

fiber4tw
@verizon.net

fiber4tw to Dave1234

Anon

to Dave1234
I am not sure if it still works, but it used to be that recently viewed only shows the last 5 on-demand selections. So in theory you could quickly start 5 other shows to get it off the list. Your kids will think you have been watching Health shows!!! all right!!!