So we can't use torrents anymore?

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
said by Oleg:

So we can't use torrents anymore?
Probably soon, yeah. They'll probably try to "filter" USENET, block ports, block torrents, block all P2P actually, and they'll have to monitor datastreams. Plus they'll probably turn over any information to the RIAA and MPAA at will without any court orders or legal procedures.

What sucks is AT&T owns most of the US Geographical area.

I hope NOBODY signs up for U-Verse or their crappy PayTV crap.

And I hope they get sued constantly everytime they screwup, which will be early and often.
--
"Regulatory capitalism is when companies invest in lawyers, lobbyists, and politicians, instead of plant, people, and customer service." - former FCC Chairman William Kennard (A real FCC Chairman, unlike the current Corporate Spokesperson in the job!)

jp10558
Premium
join:2005-06-24
Willseyville, NY
reply to Oleg
Well, I'd guess you might get away with something like Relakks . . . or various other encryption schemes.

jyc76

join:2006-10-18
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to Oleg
"Probably soon, yeah. They'll probably try to "filter" USENET, block ports, block torrents, block all P2P actually, and they'll have to monitor datastreams. Plus they'll probably turn over any information to the RIAA and MPAA at will without any court orders or legal procedures."

It's not that hard. Rogers (ISP in Canada) blocks them very well, via deep packet inspection.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to Oleg