spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mesostinky
join:2002-08-04
Madison, NJ

mesostinky

8054 can't get PPTP passthrough working

I have a Windows 2003 VPN server and am trying to get VPN passthrough working on this router. I can see in the firewall rules that 1723 and the GRE protocol are being allowed but I can't get through the dam thing. I can't find any help on this anywhere. If anyone here has any suggestions I'd be very grateful. Btw running the latest firmware. Thanks.
silverbear09
join:2007-06-22
Vernon, BC

silverbear09

And likely you will never get the PPTP passthrough to work on the 8054. You can try putting yourself into the DMZ, but I would not reccomend that as you will be leaving yourself wide open. I would reccomend to just go out and purchase yourself a new Linksys router for about $60 dollars and you will save yourself alot of headaches and frustrations. Since USR has now come out with their new N products, I highly doubt that the 8054 will have any more new upgrades, as it seems to have been a failed router from its release date a few years back.

Its funny because their 8200 also has PPTP problems as well. It must be something from the Japanese factory that they get their routers from. Best thing to do with the router, is turn it into a frisbee (even then it does not work that well) out the door sailing into the trash can.