how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KushInatoR

join:2006-09-15
Port Saint Lucie, FL

[General] Tweaked Settings for 786K

As it's already known by now, Lite is now 786K. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the optimized settings would be? The Faq has not been updated and the tweak tool does not work for me. Thanks in Advance!

Airwolf7
Premium
join:2004-12-12
Franklin, KY
kudos:1

ncguy68

join:2006-10-14
Kings Mountain, NC
That FAQ recommends a RWIN of 52272, but if you run the Tweak Test at this site (Broadband Reports) it recommends a RWIN much lower than that...When I ran it it suggested something in the 30-36K range. I have tried both and 36K seems to work best for me. I have Ultra 1.5mbps DSL. What are others using for there RWIN?

FAQFixer
Premium
join:2004-06-28
Powder Springs, GA
kudos:1
The tweak tests at BBR are simply generic settings. They do not take into account differences in the topology or backbone infrastructure affect latency and traffic. BellSouth has made substantial changes that allow customers to run a much higher RWIN than previously possible. I posted this a while back explaining the new recommendations and why. Of course I have recently updated the RWIN for Lite since it went to 768Kbps.

»Changes to the RWIN tweak recommendations

The new recommendations are:
FastAccess Lite = 52272
FastAccess Ultra = 52272
FastAccess Extreme 3.0 and 6.0 = 63888

Please note that 3.0 and 6.0 remain at 63888 and that an RWIN above 65535 is never recommended. Click here for more information. »AT&T Southeast Forum FAQ »What happens if my RWIN (Receive Window) is too small or too big?

As with everything in life; these are just recommendations and your mileage may vary.