Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Keithb

join:2003-09-16
US

1 edit

Acceptable CCQ

Based on mrbueno's issues with his clients, I was curious what others consider acceptable CCQ, and what can be done about it? Ours average between 25% and 50% and I don't fully understand the definition of CCQ but ours seems low to me. I understand it's Client connection quality, and I'm assuming that's due to LOS, Noise, etc? Does that affect everyone? Or just a few clients can bring that down?

mrbueno

join:2002-08-03
US

Holy crap! I wouldn't think that link even usable. Of course if you are using 802.11b and not g it will make a difference.

Either way, I like to keep them above 75. I really think at this point I have damaged equipment.

The level of testing I have done on this link could be used to write a manual called, "How to waste three weeks instead of spending $500. (Only to have to spend the $500 in the end anyway.)"

If it is not damaged equipment, I'm going to something else.

A real shame because as we were adding users it seemed to be a really great platform. I even had room for more data.

Keithb

US

1 recommendation

Here's the definitions per Mikrotik:

rx-ccq (read-only: integer: 0..100) - Client Connection Quality - a value in percent that shows how
effective the receive bandwidth is used regarding the theoretically maximum available bandwidth.
Mostly it depends from an amount of retransmited wireless frames.

tx-ccq (read-only: integer: 0..100) - Client Connection Quality - a value in percent that shows how
effective the transmit bandwidth is used regarding the theoretically maximum available bandwidth.
Mostly it depends from an amount of retransmited wireless frames.

Keithb

US
reply to mrbueno

said by mrbueno:

Holy crap! I wouldn't think that link even usable. Of course if you are using 802.11b and not g it will make a difference.
Yes, we're using all 802.11b. I should have mentioned that was the AP's overall CCQ, not individual users.

Most users vary between 30-50 also, but some have very good RSSI, so it blows the signal theory to me.

Gerard780
Premium
join:2002-01-25
Simpsonville, KY
kudos:1
reply to Keithb

The majority of my customers have >30 snr and the CCQ's are in the 40-60's using 5mhz channels.

I've also noticed that using 5/10mhz channels will make the CCQ's much lower than using full frequency.

I just checked 3 AP's on one of my towers and they all are reporting the overall tx ccq as 0.. I'm not sure what that's about either..

I don't know if you've noticed but in the 3.0 beta's the ccq's go well over 100%..

-Gerard
--
www.quicklinkwireless.com
Certified Mikrotik Trainer