dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
System

Anon

Bridged intel 2100 on NT4 (anybody know how?)

I have been trying to set up a the intel 2100 in bridged mode on my server, has anybody out there actually been able to do this? I assume i have to log on as my account name and password to the server and set up the tcp/ip with the 2 DNS entries with qwest.net as suffix search order and domain as well as dhcp for that net adapter. So when i connect it traines the line and sits at waiting for dhcp that is all she does. any help would be greatly appreciated since Qwest won't provide it. or even if you have done it with ME or 2000 so i know it can be done. thanks

Anon

This sounds like a problem with the ISP if you ask me. I had to call them (qwest.net) about 20 times before I got my problem fixed.

Is qwest.net your ISP? Because I thought they used PPP everywhere.

to Anon

Anon

to Anon
Yeah it is qwest.net. But they keep saying that they don't support it anymore. But people are using it and i guess i am sick of trying to find somebody at qwest.net that even knows what bridged is. I am sure it is probably a ISP problem but was hoping that i could get it setup that way so i could use some static routing and a gateway instead of using a proxy server. I just wanted to know if it could be done.

ConsultChrys
join:2000-08-04
Portland, OR

ConsultChrys

PunJab,
Qwest.net does not use bridging mode anymore, you have to set it up in ppp mode.