join:2003-04-08
Antarctica

1 edit

howie1 to HolmanGT

Premium Member

to HolmanGT

Re: [Vista] Corrupt INFCACHE.1

said by HolmanGT:

Yes it is a common problem, I don't have any number to indicate the percentage of people that experience it but if you Google for it you will find more reading material than you really wanted to find, and oh by the way NO CURES for it.
You're right, there are a ton of hits on Google referring to this. I hope there's a fix available soon for those experiencing this annoying issue. I'd be tempted to dump Vista too if this was happening to me.

HolmanGT
HolmanGT
Premium Member
join:2001-11-20
Washington, UT

1 recommendation

HolmanGT

Premium Member

Howie,

I never finished my statement above "Thanks for ruining my day".

Every time I hear that for some the problem does not exist, I get so damn jealous I can't stand it.

If it wasn't for this one problem (which is pretty major in my opinion) I would really enjoy Vista.

But every time I attempt to install a thumb drive or and external USB and it goes "Duh", well it is frustrating to say the least.

But at least you and others are now becoming aware of the problem and its scope which doesn't fix anything but at least now myself and others can post about it with out others going well you must be doing something wrong.

Regards, Mr. Howie

PS - another system of the quirk is that you can plug in some external device and if you get it working there is no guarantee it will work the next time you turn the machine on - "Insult to Injury"