spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cestolonio

join:2007-05-23
Los Angeles, CA

192.168.100.1 diagnostic website not working?

The thomson cable diagnostic site (192.168.100.1) isnt working for me. Does anyone know whats wrong with it? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3
That doesn't work on all modems. Post the model number of yours.

cestolonio

Los Angeles, CA
the model number of mine is DCM425. It was working for me yesterday I dont know whats wrong now.

Pure
Unacceptable Behaviour

join:2001-05-31
Dallas, TX

1 edit
reply to cestolonio
Are you hooked up straight to modem or going through router/switches of some sort?
If not hooked straight into then do that first.
Also, try doing a ipconfig release/renew (repair) of IP then try getting to 192.168.100.1 again.

cestolonio

Los Angeles, CA
reply to cestolonio
It is hooked up straight to the modem. I also tried the IP repair and it still doesnt work. Help please

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
You should call your local TW as they may have deliberately blocked the use of the page. TW doesn't like folks to have any information like that. They blocked it on the Toshibas depending on the franchise ...long threads here about it so they may have done the same thing with your modem. If they haven't blocked it, your modem may be defective and TW should exchange it.
--
"The same ferocity that our founders devoted to protect the freedom and independence of the press is now appropriate for our defense of the freedom of the internet. The stakes are the same: the survival of our Republic". Al Gore, The Assault on Reason

cliffro

join:2004-01-20
Dillonvale, OH

2 edits
That is nice to know, my neighbor is/was using a Motorola SBG900 and i couldn't get its config page to work properly either. I reset the modem and i got in, but i couldn't get the wireless to work after doing that.

They came and replaced it and the new one won't let me in to configure it either. Gotta love TWC, he decided to just buy a wireless router, i set it up and he will also save 5 bucks a month now by not paying for something he cant control.

edit i guess he hasn't taken it back as of yet but will be in the next few days

Reason for wanting in, First one was secured but not enough, second is not secured at all.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
I think I may have misunderstood your first post. I thought you just had a modem and my comments were directed toward TW and modems. But now I think you have a modem that has a router also? With my Surfboard 5100, there is nothing to config. I want to see the modem's pages because that is where I can see what the statistics like sig/noise ratio are and I can look at the log as well as see other information. I can also restart the modem from there but I can't do anything else. It sounds to me like you want to config the router? I also have a router and that I can config (well can't presently as it won't accept the password) but I bought the router. It did not come from TW.

I just checked on the SBG900 and see it is a Gateway not just a modem. TW here doesn't give those out and we are not allowed to buy our own modem. So, we have to accept what they give us and then buy our own router. Obviously, you have to be able to get into the SBG900 and that is different from a plain cable modem where TW has, in the past, blocked users from the diagnostic page. I'm sure they wouldn't deliberately block you from the diagnostic page when you have a combination modem/gateway all in one.

Pure misunderstood also. Best to give the full name and model of a piece of equipment and maybe a brief description if it not a standard modem and a gateway is not standard...don't have them here and not allowed. Maybe a lot of franchises have them but best to be specific so those replying can best help.

I'm really not sure what is going on in your and your neighbor's case and I wouldn't have answered at all if I had realized you have a gateway as we don't have those here (as far as I know but then I won't accept anything other than a Surfboard modem and Oceanic TW is no longer giving them out instead some crappy junk they got cheaper than Motorolas) and I don't have experience with them.
--
"The same ferocity that our founders devoted to protect the freedom and independence of the press is now appropriate for our defense of the freedom of the internet. The stakes are the same: the survival of our Republic". Al Gore, The Assault on Reason

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Pure
said by Pure:

Are you hooked up straight to modem or going through router/switches of some sort?
If not hooked straight into then do that first.
Also, try doing a ipconfig release/renew (repair) of IP then try getting to 192.168.100.1 again.
I can connect to my brother-in-law's Comcast DCM425 through his SMC Barricade 7004BR. I don't see how the router would be a problem, unless there is a subnet conflict between the LAN and the WAN.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

aparis99

join:2006-10-24
Owensboro, KY
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

If they haven't blocked it, your modem may be defective and TW should exchange it.
why would a modem be defective just b/c you cant access the config page. I doubt they'll swap a modem just for that reason.

whats the need in having to have access to the config page?

MacLeech
The one and only
Premium
join:2001-07-14
SoCal
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to cestolonio
Since its a router/modem combo unit, the diagnostic page may be different than the common 192.168.100.1 page. I'd verify what gateway the computer is being assigned once the modem is online and try that. It may be something different like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.

It's also possible that either the firmware version (manufacturer set) or the config file configuration (ISP set) is locking out access to the diagnostic pages once the modem is online. If it's possible to access the pages while the modem is not online, but not once the modem is online and the assigned gateway is 192.168.100.1, this is most likely the case.

Some modems, like early Toshiba and Terayon, don't even have internal diagnostic pages. The internal stats are accessible through SNMP only.

Beyond that, there may just be a time limit once the modem is online before diagnostic pages are locked out. Some modems only allow access to the diagnostic pages for a few minutes after sync.
--
Don't mind me, I'm just trying to help...

voipdabbler

join:2006-04-27
Kalispell, MT
reply to Mele20

You should be able to have your own cable modem provisioned.

Mele20,

I think you could buy your own cable modem and have it provisioned. I'm one of those Adelphia customers who was acquired by TW/RR. I've always owned my own cable modem and still use my own--TW/RR did require me to rent one from them. If there was a prohibition on using your own equipment, I think TW/RR would have told all Adelphia subscribers that they must lease TW/RR equipment.

dustman81

join:2002-05-28
Tallmadge, OH
said by voipdabbler:

Mele20,

I think you could buy your own cable modem and have it provisioned. I'm one of those Adelphia customers who was acquired by TW/RR. I've always owned my own cable modem and still use my own--TW/RR did require me to rent one from them. If there was a prohibition on using your own equipment, I think TW/RR would have told all Adelphia subscribers that they must lease TW/RR equipment.
It's franchise dependent. Here in NEO, you can go out and get your own cable modem or use one provided by TWC, as long as it's CableLabs (DOCSIS) compatible. I just use one provided by TWC so if something happens with it, it's their problem and it gets firmware updates from TWC.

I can get access to the »192.168.100.1 page, but I'm using a Motorola cable modem. I don't know if Toshibas are blocked or not.