NOCMan
MadMacHatter
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO

NOCMan

Premium Member

Design Issues on AT&T's side probably.

My guess is AT&T has some stupid design for their AAA complex. In a ISP design as large as theirs it should be broken up into smaller areas so you do not lose the entire network. To have the entire network go down in this fashion for one device sounds like user error on the AAA database that killed off authentication for a specific device. The only problem I have with that is I've never heard of AAA being used to ban devices.

*shrug* sabotage

Course AT&T and company are known for network wide outages for various reasons.

Apple prides itself with being the best, but they locked their shiny new device down on possibly the worst cellular company in America.

I can agree with the price of the device. What I can not agree with is carrier locking. Apple could have sold in all their channel partners and would have received near or better product sales coverage than just sticking with AT&T. They could have negotiated features with the cellular companies as well. Let them handle customer service for cellular related features and have them handoff for anything else.

Never made sense how they rushed into this product and never stood back and checked their alternatives.
CMoore2004
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Jonesville, MI

CMoore2004

Premium Member

Would they have gotten as much money, though? I'm willing to bet AT&T paid plenty to be the exclusive carrier. This isn't about being innovative. It's about money, as it always is.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to NOCMan

Premium Member

to NOCMan
quote:
In a ISP design as large as theirs it should be broken up into smaller areas so you do not lose the entire network.
You mean kind of like when Comcast went down nationwide a couple years back because someone had the bright idea to centralize the DNS servers?
Devistater
join:2004-02-13
Clovis, CA

Devistater

That only happened once???