uniqs
IndianaPilot
Premium Member
join:2002-11-23
Connersville, IN

IndianaPilot

Premium Member

[Tech] 2007 Silverado noises

I just bought a new 2007 Chevy Silverado 2 Wheel Drive and it has been ok but for the past 1,000 miles or so it sounds like the universal joint clunks sometimes when accelerating and when coming to a stop when it down shifts into 1st (Auto)

I only have 4,000 miles on the truck now and this upsets me a little. It also whines when it decelerates in maybe 2nd gear... It also has made a popping noise when the frame flexes from differences in the road (while going slow)

One last thing, I seem to feel a slight vibration from 50-60 MPH If I go faster or slower it smooths out....

Not bad for a brand new truck huh? I have been real easy with it too... I have not looked into it to much but I wonder of anyone else has these quality problems... I need to take it into the dealer but I just have not had the time yet...

BusinessMan0
join:2007-05-17
Ontario, CA

BusinessMan0

Sorry to go offtopic here, but is the new Silverado based off the GMC Sierra?
IndianaPilot
Premium Member
Connersville, IN

IndianaPilot

Premium Member

Guess I should have mentioned this .. It is the Silverado Classic.. It is not the new body style

koma3504
Advocate
Premium Member
join:2004-06-22
Granbury, TX

koma3504 to IndianaPilot

Premium Member

to IndianaPilot
There could be somthing serously wrong with either the transmisson or the 3rd member in the difrentual.
or it could be the bearing on the axles or the 2rd member spider gears or the pinion bearing.
IndianaPilot
Premium Member
Connersville, IN

IndianaPilot

Premium Member

About a week after i got it I had to hard accelerate (not to fast though) and it sounded like the front end popped?

CatSnak
Live to Ride
Premium Member
join:2001-05-06
Ashland, OR

CatSnak to IndianaPilot

Premium Member

to IndianaPilot
Brand new then take it to the dealer to be looked at under warrenty!!! I took my F-150 back any time I felt/heard anything that I didn't think was right.

Asiabound
Ex-Pat
Premium Member
join:2002-12-21
Mabinay

Asiabound to IndianaPilot

Premium Member

to IndianaPilot
By your description, it sounds as though you have been downshifting the truck to make it sound cool aid in slowing down.
Knock that off.
IndianaPilot
Premium Member
Connersville, IN

1 edit

IndianaPilot

Premium Member

Sorry .. no manual down-shifting has been going on..... I haven't tried to make a vehicle's exhaust sound cool for years....

Do you have experience in doing this or something?

Asiabound
Ex-Pat
Premium Member
join:2002-12-21
Mabinay

Asiabound

Premium Member

Yes, 32 years ago when I was 16 years old in my mom's 1970 Country Squire.