uniqs

moko
join:2002-12-22
Fayetteville, GA

3 edits

moko to plat2on1

to plat2on1

Re: Comcast is using Sandvine to manage P2P Connections

thats what i think i should be able to do.....if i pay for a certain dl/up unlimited access....i should be able to dl/up 24/7 365 days a year.....not that i do.

if comcast is not selling an "unlimited access" internet service....than i wish they or someone else would

besides....what i was talking about ....was its not comcast's buisness what i dl/ul.... so they should not be "throttling" anything.....and i don't dl/up 24/7 ....only when i do want to.....i should have full speed that i have.....i really dl/up not very much....but if i want something through p2p...an isp should not limit my line because i'm using a p2p program.
plat2on1
join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

plat2on1

said by moko:

thats what i think i should be able to do.....if i pay for a certain dl/up unlimited access....i should be able to dl/up 24/7 365 days a year.....not that i do.

if comcast is not selling an "unlimited access" internet service....than i wish they or someone else would

besides....what i was talking about ....was its not comcast's buisness what i dl/ul.... so they should not be "throttling" anything.....and i don't dl/up 24/7 ....only when i do want to.....i should have full speed that i have.....i really dl/up not very much....but if i want something through p2p...an isp should not limit my line because i'm using a p2p program.
comcast is very clear in what they sell, if you want 24/7/365 then you need a dedicated circuit.

is their network so it is very much their business.

moko
join:2002-12-22
Fayetteville, GA

moko

except for my line to the rest of the network thats not theirs.....i'm paying for that one.....so its not their business what i dl/up on my line to the rest of the networks around the world......i want undisturbed access to it would a dedicated service do that.....or do i have to start my own network
moko

1 edit

moko

an example of whats wrong with what comcast is doing with p2p is......if i want download a game mod file thats around 500megs....like a battlefield 1942/2 mod....i should be able to dl this file at the speed that i pay for....which sometimes its aviable at a website,then i get the full speed,...but the same file on a p2p program and comcast stops or limits it....and these files are not always on a website with full speed capabilities.....so i go to my p2p which i know lots of people have....and should get my full speed [at my speed would be around 700KBs,after powerboost]but i get blocked.....why?
FreakyOne
join:2007-07-07
Stuart, FL

FreakyOne to plat2on1

to plat2on1
I never received anything from Comcast when they took over from Adelphia stating that my service would be altered or changed in any way whatsoever, including the ability to receive 24/7 365 service whenever i choose. Since i am paying for the service on a monthly basis i never thought to ask them on what days or hours in those days is it appropriate to expect my service to be fully functional and will be able to have full bandwidth, both up and down, so that i might actually enjoy the time i spend online instead of waiting like i used to on dial-up. I am highly anticipating switching to ( hold on to your undies now) DSL. I never asked to be switched they just came in and starting making changes that i had no choice to agree or not. In this i believe is not a very smart move on their part. As far as this P2P issue is concerned i think that could be a totally new subject matter which should not be discussed here. The issues are not whether or not you get service its the fact they are shackling their customers by limiting our usage.