spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mrp1968
@verizon.net

mrp1968

Anon

[connectivity] Spotty Internet Connectivity

I have one wired PC & 2 wireless laptops connected to a US Robotics Wireless router. Behind it is a Verizon provided Westell DSL modem.
No issues with wired PC connectivity. Internet connectivity for both laptops is problematic. First laptop is an HP with XP Pro,second is a Toshiba with Vista home edition.

On both laptops I can load the main page for some websites such as Google, but cannot load other popular sites such as yahoo, etc. Laptop wireless connectivity to the router is excellent as I can access my company outlook email & share drives flawlessly. It is just the access to internet that is almost non-existent.

This problem stared since the beginning of this year and I could not find the reason yet.

Is it possible that Verizon is somehow blocking multiple PC access to the Internet?
wonnder1
join:2005-07-28
London, ON

wonnder1

said by mrp1968 :

Is it possible that Verizon is somehow blocking multiple PC access to the Internet?
In short no. The problem is either with the router itself or the browsers. I wonder if there is some sort of vpn running on the laptops if you can access work email?
twbartender
join:2007-03-21
East Northport, NY

twbartender to mrp1968

to mrp1968
mrp1968,

Have you looked to see if your hosts file has been changed, or considered the possibility of a virus?

twbartender