spc
Search similar:

uniqs
thabboy
join:2004-06-10
San Mateo, CA

thabboy

Astound slow in RCN area

Ever since RCN switched to Astound in my area (San Mateo / 94403), The internet has been slow as molasses. Lots of drops and timeout periods. I used to work for RCN in the past and we would resolve issues quickly. My old co-workers, who are now Astound employees, say that this company is slower at fixing issues. Anyone notice a significant difference in their internet connection on the SF Peninsula?

rcn2007
@comcast.net

rcn2007

Anon

I don't know when exactly the switch was from RCN to Astound for me, but this week my internet has became horribly slow
kenward1
join:2000-01-05
Olympia, WA

kenward1

I'm also starting to notice lag, etc. AT&T stopped by the other day to tell me that U-verse is available in my neighborhood. I'm going to look into it. Since I have to change things it may as well be my choice!

FPW43
@rcn.com

FPW43 to thabboy

Anon

to thabboy
I am also an RCN customer in San Mateo who got involuntarily switched to Astound. Astound is getting painfully slow for me too, especially during the last week. It is not the broadband, that is still getting 9000Ks down and 781K up. It most likely DNS resolution, possibly other connectivity delays. I agree that I _never_ had these problems with RCN. But I dread AT&T or Comcast.
gtojim
join:2002-03-18
Concord, CA

1 edit

gtojim to thabboy

to thabboy
I'm located in the East Bay, Wave Broadband purchased Astound Broadband about 2 1/2 years ago, not sure about the exact time frame. About 1 1/2 years ago my Internet service deteriorated.
I stopped using Astounds DNS servers many months ago, currently I'm using OpenDNS, it's free. »www.opendns.com/

You can learn more about Wave here.
»Wave Broadband