Search similar:

uniqs

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

inteller

they cut off their nose to spite their face.

simple....all the internet radio will go away and the RIAA will be left holding the bag.

you stupid idiots.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

IDIOTS!

Fools are too blind to see that when fewer people can listen, fewer will be buying.
the_dan
join:2007-06-25
Kelowna, BC

1 recommendation

the_dan to inteller

to inteller
If the rich don't make money off it, no one else can.

Mactron
el Camino Real
Premium Member
join:2001-12-16
PRK

1 edit

Mactron to inteller

Premium Member

to inteller
"hoping for an eleventh hour intervention from Congress"

They better be breaking out their pens and writing some Big checks soon then. Alas, I think they've hit the end.
Thanks RIAA... Not !

StumpMan
Premium Member
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

1 recommendation

StumpMan to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
I think you guys should consider another alternative.

By pushing everyone else off the court, no one will be left except the ones controlling the money. Then they offer music on THEIR terms and at THEIR prices. No competition means they get the whole pie, not just a slice.

People call them idiots and fools, but I think they are looking at the long term picture..

(BTW I am not a fanboy, just offering up a different opinion on the situation)

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

Not worried either way really... I'm burned out on music.

..and they are idiots.

One form of free(paid?) advertising that they are trying to "fee" into submission.... not very bright.
Seeing as these stations are already paying to play the tracks, and it is advertisement(they(RIAA) are getting paid to have someone advertise their goods for them... WTF?)... they are now going to charge more?

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

en102

Webcasters just have to open up shop 'offshore'.

As long as I can get my show...The Tom Leykis show.

»www.fmtalki.com

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to inteller

Premium Member

to inteller
More people will despise the RIAA and refuse to give them money on grounds of principle. If this means they have to download or copy music--- they will, because they will feel it's the lesser of two evils. They'd be right, too.

FiL25
Premium Member
join:2005-08-16
Silver Spring, MD

1 recommendation

FiL25 to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
Same here...Im burned out on all these gimmicks out in music land...

There might be one or two acts/artists that deserve ear time, other then that, eff the music industry...buncha clones, reminds me what Apple and Microsoft did to Xerox.

And at the heart of it all lay the RIAA lames...

MrMoody
Free range slave
Premium Member
join:2002-09-03
Smithfield, NC
Netgear CM500
Asus RT-AC68

2 edits

MrMoody to inteller

Premium Member

to inteller
said by inteller:

all the internet radio will go away
Make no mistake, that is what they want to happen.

Edit: This is what is known as predatory pricing. And you expect me to believe our fine government isn't being paid off? Puhleeze. There's obviously some conflict of interest. Telco and oil company mergers, copyright extensions, DMCA, bankruptcy "reform", the list goes on and on.
Time4aNAP
Premium Member
join:2007-04-09
Des Plaines, IL

Time4aNAP to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
said by StumpMan:

By pushing everyone else off the court, no one will be left except the ones controlling the money. Then they offer music on THEIR terms and at THEIR prices. No competition means they get the whole pie, not just a slice.
Their slice is most of the pie already. So, yeah, it would make sense that they'd want a pie-and-a-half. Greed knows no logic.

It's not spite, but pure economics. Catering to the complex tastes of true music lovers is difficult and costly. Trotting out a parade marginally talented but hot-n-slutty performers spawns new generations of cash cows who are content to buy the Cheap Stuff and ask no questions. Internet radio is the last refuge for the former. The RIAA makes more money if it's devoid of anything that might spark a glimmer of taste in the minds of the latter.
Time4aNAP

Time4aNAP to FiL25

Premium Member

to FiL25
said by FiL25:

Same here...Im burned out on all these gimmicks out in music land...
...which is precisely why Internet radio needs to survive. It's the one place where you can find good, gimmick-free music.
There might be one or two acts/artists that deserve ear time, other then that, eff the music industry...buncha clones, reminds me what Apple and Microsoft did to Xerox.
Take brilliant but abandoned ideas, and run with them? That doesn't sound like the music industry of today...

You're forgetting that for every dumb and talentless "artist", there's a small army of equally dumb and talentless suits, whose job is to promote the mediocrity. And for every mediocre "artist" that's heavily promoted, there are an untold number of really talented artists who aren't promoted, and will more than likely end up living their own life of mediocrity as their talent goes to seed. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

FiL25
Premium Member
join:2005-08-16
Silver Spring, MD

FiL25

Premium Member

Nah, Im very informed on the music industry having created/produced/written my own music for the last 8 years.

No sh@$ a garbage artist gets to the top because of heavy promotion and more so PAY OFFs... But the artist is still part of the problem.

Xerox abandoned their idea or got it stolen from them? Im pretty friggin sure they would've kept up dev. on the gui if not for the Apple five-finger discount. How is that not comparable? A brilliant idea is one that, in atleast 'murrika, makes you a lotttttt of money. Thats what these clones are doing; going for the cash crop instead of planting their own seeds...seems like a carbon copy example. High five for me!
jkb246
join:2000-03-18
Carmel, IN

jkb246 to StumpMan

to StumpMan

Not if people don't buy

Look at the history of downloading. For a few years it was anything goes. Free downloading everywhere. Then came Itunes and people seem to be paying for music in droves. Now Universial wants to get rid of Itunes I would imagine to open there own site. Guess what will happen?????
People wont be buying much Universial because it wont play on the IPOD. The same is going to happen with internet radio. More people aren't going to listen to commercial FM. They are going to do something else.

One day they will figure it out. Valenti is gone. Just have to wait until the RIAA's Head Congress critter is gone and maybe then they will put in a younger person that understands technology.
Time4aNAP
Premium Member
join:2007-04-09
Des Plaines, IL

Time4aNAP to FiL25

Premium Member

to FiL25

Re: they cut off their nose to spite their face.

said by FiL25:

Nah, Im very informed on the music industry having created/produced/written my own music for the last 8 years.

No sh@$ a garbage artist gets to the top because of heavy promotion and more so PAY OFFs... But the artist is still part of the problem.
With all due respect, I have good reason to believe that you're biased. It seems that you're letting jealousy get the better of you. Vapid teenagers can certainly be gold diggers, but they typically lack the riches to buy their ticket to fame until after they have made their fortune.
Xerox abandoned their idea or got it stolen from them?
Neither. Xerox ran a R&D facility on Palo Alto, CA called the "Palo Alto Research Center", or PARC in acronym. Many valuable innovations were made at PARC: Ethernet, OOP, laser printing, the first practical windowing system and the first modern PC, to name a few.

Apparently the only people who didn't recognize the value of PARC's inventions was Xerox top management, who failed to capitalize on the priceless IP, and allowed it all to just walk away. The fact of the matter is that despite its momentous foresight, Xerox was nothing more than a copying machine company at heart. The top management at Xerox did in fact abandon the ideas of Xerox PARC employees. As a result, Xerox lost those ideas, the people who had the know-how, and the famed research facility.
Im [sic] pretty friggin [sic] sure they would've kept up dev. on the gui [sic] if not for the Apple five-finger discount.
Xerox never owned the graphical user interface to begin with. Therefore nobody could have stolen it from Xerox. Apple did apparently license some components of the Xerox Alto computer for a nominal fee. Needless to say, licensing is not theft. And it was the ongoing failure of Xerox top management to even attempt to profit from PARC inventions, nothing more.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to inteller

Premium Member

to inteller
the broadcasters should move to Canada, and refuse to pay the added fees over months already paid for under the old system. this Double Dipping Retroactive fee crap has to be illegal i mean Verizon cant raise rate for commerical bandwith and then goto their commerical customers and ask them for the difference from last year's T-Line fees.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to dadkins

MVM

to dadkins
said by dadkins:

IDIOTS!

Fools are too blind to see that when fewer people can listen, fewer will be buying.
I'm sorry. Your use of logic and common sense does not apply to RIAA, MPAA or any other AA organization.

The fewer people listening, and therefor buying, will translate into another round of the RIAA proclaiming that rampant online piracy is further eroding their business model, ultimately calling for Congress (or some other powers that be) to enact more draconian laws that don't work.

koma3504
Advocate
Premium Member
join:2004-06-22
Granbury, TX

koma3504 to inteller

Premium Member

to inteller
said by inteller:

simple....all the internet radio will go away and the RIAA will be left holding the bag.

you stupid idiots.
Acually that is their plan no internet Radio = will force people to download music == more lawsuits for the RIAA --
† Koma †
If YOu Don't Think It's Possable!! It's Acually A Reality!! The best way to predict the future is to invent it. Alan Kay!!
Ya Don't Know The signal Till Ya Ride It!!
Voice Break's There's Trouble!!
koma3504

1 edit

koma3504

Premium Member

.. hmm
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 recommendation

19579823 (banned) to dadkins

to dadkins

BREAKING NEWS -- INTERNET RADIO SAVED

»blog.wired.com/music/200 ··· s-o.html

Soundexchange WILL NOT increase the royalty rates on sunday!!!! (While this whole mess gets sorted out)

I AM HAPPY THAT SOMEONE IS TAKING A STAND TO THIS CRAP!!!!!!!

VERY GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!