FiL25
Premium Member
join:2005-08-16
Silver Spring, MD

1 recommendation

FiL25 to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins

Re: they cut off their nose to spite their face.

Same here...Im burned out on all these gimmicks out in music land...

There might be one or two acts/artists that deserve ear time, other then that, eff the music industry...buncha clones, reminds me what Apple and Microsoft did to Xerox.

And at the heart of it all lay the RIAA lames...
Time4aNAP
Premium Member
join:2007-04-09
Des Plaines, IL

Time4aNAP

Premium Member

said by FiL25:

Same here...Im burned out on all these gimmicks out in music land...
...which is precisely why Internet radio needs to survive. It's the one place where you can find good, gimmick-free music.
There might be one or two acts/artists that deserve ear time, other then that, eff the music industry...buncha clones, reminds me what Apple and Microsoft did to Xerox.
Take brilliant but abandoned ideas, and run with them? That doesn't sound like the music industry of today...

You're forgetting that for every dumb and talentless "artist", there's a small army of equally dumb and talentless suits, whose job is to promote the mediocrity. And for every mediocre "artist" that's heavily promoted, there are an untold number of really talented artists who aren't promoted, and will more than likely end up living their own life of mediocrity as their talent goes to seed. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

FiL25
Premium Member
join:2005-08-16
Silver Spring, MD

FiL25

Premium Member

Nah, Im very informed on the music industry having created/produced/written my own music for the last 8 years.

No sh@$ a garbage artist gets to the top because of heavy promotion and more so PAY OFFs... But the artist is still part of the problem.

Xerox abandoned their idea or got it stolen from them? Im pretty friggin sure they would've kept up dev. on the gui if not for the Apple five-finger discount. How is that not comparable? A brilliant idea is one that, in atleast 'murrika, makes you a lotttttt of money. Thats what these clones are doing; going for the cash crop instead of planting their own seeds...seems like a carbon copy example. High five for me!
Time4aNAP
Premium Member
join:2007-04-09
Des Plaines, IL

Time4aNAP

Premium Member

said by FiL25:

Nah, Im very informed on the music industry having created/produced/written my own music for the last 8 years.

No sh@$ a garbage artist gets to the top because of heavy promotion and more so PAY OFFs... But the artist is still part of the problem.
With all due respect, I have good reason to believe that you're biased. It seems that you're letting jealousy get the better of you. Vapid teenagers can certainly be gold diggers, but they typically lack the riches to buy their ticket to fame until after they have made their fortune.
Xerox abandoned their idea or got it stolen from them?
Neither. Xerox ran a R&D facility on Palo Alto, CA called the "Palo Alto Research Center", or PARC in acronym. Many valuable innovations were made at PARC: Ethernet, OOP, laser printing, the first practical windowing system and the first modern PC, to name a few.

Apparently the only people who didn't recognize the value of PARC's inventions was Xerox top management, who failed to capitalize on the priceless IP, and allowed it all to just walk away. The fact of the matter is that despite its momentous foresight, Xerox was nothing more than a copying machine company at heart. The top management at Xerox did in fact abandon the ideas of Xerox PARC employees. As a result, Xerox lost those ideas, the people who had the know-how, and the famed research facility.
Im [sic] pretty friggin [sic] sure they would've kept up dev. on the gui [sic] if not for the Apple five-finger discount.
Xerox never owned the graphical user interface to begin with. Therefore nobody could have stolen it from Xerox. Apple did apparently license some components of the Xerox Alto computer for a nominal fee. Needless to say, licensing is not theft. And it was the ongoing failure of Xerox top management to even attempt to profit from PARC inventions, nothing more.