Premium Member
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY

4 edits

PCInTech

Premium Member

Upstate Music Festival (July 28)

Upstate Music Festival
In case anyone is interested in "Hair Bands" from the 1980's, there's a large music festival here in Massena coming up. Not in the poster, but just added, are White Lion, and local band, Sabbatical. (who recently appeared with the NY State Traveling Beaver at the Mountain Music Meltdown in Saranac Lake on June 30/July 1) I can give 80's Rock Heads more information.
PCInTech

PCInTech

Premium Member

Re: Upstate Music Festival

I should add, the concert is on the banks of the magnificent St. Lawrence River, and I will assist with directions, and maybe, MAYBE, buy you a beverage at Charlie's Tavern.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

1 recommendation

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Massena is rockin'..eh?

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium Member
Massena, NY

2 edits

PCInTech

Premium Member

said by lilhurricane:

Massena is rockin'..eh?
Always! At least when I'm in town. BTW: About 5,000 tickets have been sold so far for this shindig. There are still a few VIP tickets. They're $100., but include backstage access, "prime" area spots during the concert and UNLIMITED food and beverages for the whole day/night. Heck, when Gunga Din See Profile and I were at the Mountain Music Meltdown a couple weeks ago, we easily spent a hundred bucks a day EACH on beer alone. (This is easy to do when it cost $2.00 for a 6-8 oz. little plastic cup! Half of which you spill trying to stumble over passed-out old Stoners in the grass on your way back to your spot in the field...)

You can also buy a ticket book from local merchants, that include admission to the festival, and very substantial discounts at local restaurants, hotels, attractions.

Gunga Din
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Bellmore, NY

Gunga Din to PCInTech

Premium Member

to PCInTech
Hopefully as many people that showed up for Beaverfest will make this one.

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

PCInTech

Premium Member

said by Gunga Din:

Hopefully as many people that showed up for Beaverfest will make this one.
I have a feeling that most of the crowd will be from Canada, not New York. They love this 80's Hair Band Rock stuff.

Gunga Din
Premium Member
Bellmore, NY

Gunga Din

Premium Member

Let me correct my last post:
Hopefully as many people from here that showed up for Beaverfest will make this one.

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

PCInTech

Premium Member

I already told Lil not to bother packing her dancin' shoes. The festival is on the beach and she'd only wind up breaking an ankle or som'n. She can put on the dancin' shoes when we go to the Rusty Wheel after the show.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Shoes?

Barefoot baybeee..

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

1 recommendation

PCInTech

Premium Member

said by lilhurricane:

Shoes?

Barefoot baybeee..
My kinda woman!

Besides, what kind of idiot wears dancin' shoes to a rock fest on the beach?
PCInTech

3 edits

PCInTech

Premium Member

Re: Upstate Music Festival (July 28) Update

Updated lineup as of July 15, 2007...

Firehouse
Warrant
White Lion
Barstool Prophets *
Sabbatical **
Shotgun Wedding *
Superstone *
Trench Town Oddities *
Tweeter **

* Canadian Bands
** Massena, NY Bands

Food and Beverage concessions available, parking available by Louisville Volunteer Fire Dept. nearby, and overflow parking at the St. Lawrence Centre Mall with free buses running continuously to the Festival. Many local campgrounds available, as well as local Hotels, Motels, etc. Accommodations are booking fast, so if anyone is stuck and wants to "camp", I have room in my yard for a few tents for DSLR/BBR Forums members.

Gunga Din
Premium Member
Bellmore, NY

1 edit

Gunga Din

Premium Member

Sabbatical is the best band on that list without a doubt.

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

2 edits

1 recommendation

PCInTech

Premium Member

said by Gunga Din:

Sabbatical is the best band on that list without a doubt.
And our Beaver is going on the road with them next year!
He told me he wants to be a Rock Star!

packman13662

Anon

just saw in papper todaythier not having it at the town beach now , , and what do we do do we get re fun bak on are money cus i was hopeing it be at the beach not some were eles now

Fishead1
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to PCInTech

Premium Member

to PCInTech

Re: Upstate Music Festival

I go to the beach with combat boots.You gotta problem with that???
...........Actually I haven't been to the beach in a long long while.(No I can't swim,maybe the combat boots !??!?).

Maccawolf
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

Maccawolf

Premium Member

that's OK, I CAN swim and I still don't go to the beach very often. I haven't been in like 20 years or so...

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

1 edit

PCInTech to packman13662

Premium Member

to packman13662

Re: Upstate Music Festival (July 28) Update

said by packman13662 :

Just saw in the paper today, they're not having it at the town beach now, and what do we do? Do we get a refund back on our money, because I was hoping it would be at the beach, not somewhere else now.
Yes, it's true. The promoters didn't file the necessary papers on time to show proof that they had security, permits, insurance, etc. in place. The show WILL go on, however, about 5 miles from town in Brasher, NY. The hair must go on!

For people who do not want to go to the new location, today's newspaper stated that refunds will be honored. Of course, ticket holders will be able to use their tickets at the Brasher location. The new location is actually closer to many parts of town than the Town Beach, FWIW.

(Original quoted post edited for clarity.)
Expand your moderator at work
PCInTech

PCInTech to Maccawolf

Premium Member

to Maccawolf

Re: Upstate Music Festival (update)

Well, boys and girls... yet another change of venue for this hairy affair. The Town of Brasher Supervisor cautioned the property owner of the proposed site that was announced a couple days ago that he could be held liable for all sorts of legal evils if anything happened to anyone attending the festival. The owner backed out of his deal with the promoters. The promoters swear that they have yet another site where the concert will be held. Stay tuned.
PCInTech

PCInTech

Premium Member

Upstate Music Festival moved to Brasher
Updated: 7/20/2007 4:36 PM
By: Web Staff (Time Warner News 10 Now)

MASSENA, N.Y. -- Organizers of the Upstate Music Festival are moving the concert's location.

Next Saturday's concert was supposed to be held at Massena Town Beach, but organizers from Concert International tell News 10 Now the town's disorganization caused the change of venue. The concert organizers are now in the process of filing a lawsuit against the town.

Town officials could not be reached for comment.

The concert will now be held on Small Road in the town of Brasher about five miles away from the original site.
PCInTech

PCInTech to lilhurricane

Premium Member

to lilhurricane

Re: Upstate Music Festival (Revised)

According to this morning's Massena daily paper, the "Courier-Observer": The new venue for the Upstate Music Festival is confirmed and finalized. It WILL go on as scheduled on private property about 3 miles south of Downtown Massena on Brouse Road, off Rte. 420 (South Main Street) Parking will be available on the site, along with all previously announced facilities. This new location is actually closer to town than the Town Beach and a much larger space. I can provide maps and directions to anyone going to the affair. Tickets are still available through online ticket agents and elsewhere.

feelinold
@rr.com

feelinold to PCInTech

Anon

to PCInTech

Re: Upstate Music Festival (July 28)

does anyone know what time each band is performing in case you can't hang out all day??
Expand your moderator at work

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

2 edits

PCInTech to feelinold

Premium Member

to feelinold

Re: Upstate Music Festival (July 28)

said by feelinold :

does anyone know what time each band is performing in case you can't hang out all day??
I can't seem to get anyone who knows the hourly schedule. Hopefully someone will chime in here who's "in the know".

feelinold
@rr.com

feelinold

Anon

I'd obvioulsly like to catch all 3 of the 80's bands - especially Warrant - but I'd also like to catch shotgun wedding (I'm not familiar with the rest of them). Thanks for checking it out for me!

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

PCInTech

Premium Member

said by feelinold :

I'd obvioulsly like to catch all 3 of the 80's bands - especially Warrant - but I'd also like to catch shotgun wedding (I'm not familiar with the rest of them). Thanks for checking it out for me!
IF I can find out anything, I will post the info. However, the plot thickens (along with the hairspray fumes) here along the St. Lawrence. Brouse Rd (the current location of the festival) is in the Town of Norfolk, and they had a town board meeting last night. They say there's NO way they can process the partially completed (by the promoter and land owner) applications and permit forms by Saturday morning for such a large gathering on private property. IF the promoter insists on holding it anyway, without permits, safety/health/rescue, security concerns approved and in place, there will be serious consequences. Both for the promoters (who are from Canada) and the local land owner. So... the State Police could possibly shut it down, in which case, this could be a potentially volatile situation. We'll see how this plays out and I will post information as available.

brucewillisnot
@cgocable.net

brucewillisnot

Anon

It's nice to be able to get info on this show from your posts...the promoter isn't returning calls...even from concerned bands. (?)
Get your refunds while you can....

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

PCInTech

Premium Member

said by brucewillisnot :

It's nice to be able to get info on this show from your posts...the promoter isn't returning calls...even from concerned bands. (?)
Get your refunds while you can....
Apparently, they're not returning anyone's phone calls today, so information is thin. The staging crew is on it's way from Nova Scotia and due to arrive today sometime and setting everything up by tomorrow afternoon.

Fortunately, the tickets weren't too expensive unless someone sprung for the VIP passes, so individual losses would be minimal, should the thing fall through and the promoters disappear somewhere in Canada.

Maybe we should just have our own local traveling festival and have "Sabattical" at Charlie's and "Shotgun Wedding" at Open Net. That'd cover both sides of town.

brucewillisnot
@cgocable.net

brucewillisnot

Anon

Considering the promoter is IN Shotgun Wedding (Denis)...let's leave them out of any contingency plan, okay??

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

PCInTech

Premium Member

said by brucewillisnot :

Considering the promoter is IN Shotgun Wedding (Denis)...let's leave them out of any contingency plan, okay??
I'm aware of that, I was joking, of course.