join:2000-08-16
East Puddle
·Shoreham Telephone

koam to TeleBlendBL

Premium Member

to TeleBlendBL

Re: SunRocket Days are OVER!

said by TeleBlendBL:

The unique views for this thread is really shocking to me but shows what a valuable resource the site has become.
7,871 unique views of this thread, 268 posts, in a day.
suncrap
join:2007-07-12
Philadelphia, PA

suncrap

Its official, Sunrocket let go most of its staff today, including me. There will be a skeleton crew of 24 people until the sale is final. The service will continue as normal at this time and I really dont know if they will shut down at this point since there are still two legitimate companies looking to buy SunRocket. If the sale does not occur, SR will close down in a month. No I am not an angry employee trying to start a new discussion, its sad that we didnt make it but thats the risk with a start up. Good luck to the current customers, wish we had more of you.

Insiderbrd
@primustel.com

Insiderbrd

Anon

Lingo and Vonage are looking to purchase. Lingo is the only solid non-cable company left out there. Not sure if they'll buy SunRocket.
Nehmo
join:2004-03-23
Kansas City, KS

Nehmo to suncrap

to suncrap
I understand the company is closing. But why does it even need 24 people for employees? What are they doing? A VoIP company is just a machine and some software, really.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

said by Nehmo:

I understand the company is closing. But why does it even need 24 people for employees? What are they doing? A VoIP company is just a machine and some software, really.
You are a few days behind the news, Nehmo. The 24 skeleton crew members were on the shut down/transfer team when SR thought their assets were going to be purchased by YMax. That fell through. There are currently 0 (zero, null) employees of SR.

njp
@comcast.net

njp to suncrap

Anon

to suncrap
What should I do to get my phone line working?

chpalmer
join:2002-11-18
Belfair, WA

chpalmer

quote:
Look for a new provider and call them.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to njp

Premium Member

to njp
said by njp :

Find a new provider?

dmolavi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi to njp

Premium Member

to njp
said by njp :

smacks self on head (again)

i suggest you READ this post and others in the SR forum here, and I'm sure you'll figure out what you need to do.