Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to bnd_7009

Premium Member

to bnd_7009

Re: Install FIOS in my house

said by bnd_7009:

Thanks to all the helpful folks. I had this nightmare of them tear out walls, etc.
Nah, they shouldn't need to do that at all. The coax you have in your house should all be shielded (you should be able to see if it's RG6) given how new it is. Heck for mine they reused an old Comcast cable I had coming into the house. And they reused the coax going to all my TVs from my old satellite multi-switch - most of which I put in myself... before I even knew what shielded coax was.

And like I said, the installers I had (I had internet installed first, followed by tv 16 months later) were both incredible. Totally professional, very thorough. I had one minor issue with my VOD breaking up, and the tech that came out was even better.

One last thing, if you don't sign up for the triple play right away, you'll have 30 days to cancel without penalty wth the 1-year commitment. The triple-play is different - at least it was here in PA. I was able to sign up for it after signing up for TV service (about 2 weeks after I got TV installed), but that commitment kicked in right away. So if you hate it... just cancel.

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
join:2006-01-17
Columbia, PA

K3SGM

Premium Member

JPL, is it just me, or are the Trolls out in force tonight?

Anyone that wants real answers will have to put the ANON on IGNORE.
Expand your moderator at work
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

1 edit

JPL to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM

Re: Install FIOS in my house

said by K3SGM:

JPL, is it just me, or are the Trolls out in force tonight?

Anyone that wants real answers will have to put the ANON on IGNORE.
I would... if I could figure out what the heck he's talking about. I didn't understand either of his last two posts. Oh well.

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
Columbia, PA

K3SGM

Premium Member

JPL, I don't understand the (anon) rants as well.

I usually hit the IGNORE button when someone starts yelling about imposing a 'Nazi' state.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

1 edit

knarf829

It's like we learned in school: If there's one thing the Nazis were known for, it was disconnecting copper telephone cables.

By the way, I don't see an ignore button. How do I do that?

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
Columbia, PA

K3SGM

Premium Member

said by knarf829:

It's like we learned in school: If there's one thing the Nazis were known for, it was disconnecting copper telephone cables.

By the way, I don't see an ignore button. How do I do that?
Click on the anon post, and you get the option of ignoring future anon posts.

Oh wait, you might need to be a 'Premium Member' to have that option....

WOW!!! What $10 actually buys you these days....