uniqs
share rss forum feed

Time4aNAP
Premium
join:2007-04-09
Des Plaines, IL
reply to Michieru2

Re: It don't mean a thing....

I'd prefer to do without the metaphors altogether.

The music industry includes a lot of honorable professions. I don't like being lumped together with the Big Three record labels when my involvement in the music industry has nothing whatsoever to do with the production of records (that includes CD and other media as well). Call a spade a spade, but leave the clubs, hearts and diamonds out of it.
--
Dead webcasters don't make cents.

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium
join:2005-01-28
Miami, FL

Again maybe you know something or how things work better than I do on the matter but the overall picture and aura given out by the music industry is not a good one.
--
Duct tape, saving lives since 1942.

Time4aNAP
Premium
join:2007-04-09
Des Plaines, IL

With all due respect, you might want to examine your own actions, or lack thereof, when handing out blame. The recording industry (the "RI" in RIAA) is a separate entity from the music industry. Not all music is recorded, and not all recordings are music. In fact, spoken voice recordings outnumber musical recordings, both in number and total length.

During the Vietnam War, America's enemies were varied and cunning. However this didn't justify indiscriminate retaliation, like the My Lai massacre. Fortunately the RIAA shenanigans are a far cry from the death and destruction of warfare, but the same principles apply. So if you don't know who is friend or foe, it's best to hold your tongue until you do.
--
Dead webcasters don't make cents.