share rss forum feed

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL
reply to Rook008

Re: Mafia game 16 thread - better late than never

After reading your post again Rook, I think I answered my own question. 2 mafia slayings during night and 2 deaths between voting and CK during the day phase ...

Guess I didn't get all the sleep out of my eyes yet

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY
reply to 42246015

Mornin', just got to work, 20min late as usual. Why is it that I jump out of bed to go fishing at 4am on Saturday after going to sleep at 1, but after going to sleep at midnight and waking up at 8:30 I can hardly move when I need to go to work?

I'm going to go sleep in the file room.

Robert
Premium
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL
reply to muzscman

said by muzscman:

morning everyone....just got here. Trying to read up on what is going on.....

Nothing so far. People just seem to be shootin the shit.

And for MDReferee, it's "leggo my eggo", what are you, 80?
--
It's one thing to listen to an idiot talk. As soon as you respond, there are now 2 idiots having a conversation.
~~
The test of the morality of a society is what it does for it's children

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to VioletVenom

Yeah, you got what I meant. The Cereal Killer usually kills during the day, starting with Day 2. Plus the lynch. Then 2 Mafia kills during the night.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

Right on..

Think its safe to say I'm not a morning person, takes the brain a few kicks to start turning over.

I'm out for the day, I'll try to check in later in the afternoon.

kewlkarim
Here all week
Premium
join:2003-05-23
Houston, TX
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

The Cereal Killer usually kills during the day, starting with Day 2.
just wondering, is that always the case? or are there some SK's that kill from day 1?

2nd...this game is off to a slow start....start posting people.

Robert
Premium
St John'S, NL

said by kewlkarim:

start posting people.
Happy

Here's my vote, no reasoning

vote= VioletVenom

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to kewlkarim

said by kewlkarim:

said by Rook008:

The Cereal Killer usually kills during the day, starting with Day 2.
just wondering, is that always the case? or are there some SK's that kill from day 1?

2nd...this game is off to a slow start....start posting people.
What you want me to vote for you again?

Ok. i have seen it from many other games that this often goes down.

There are a certain number of us that have nothing better to do, whether at work or at home and we post all day. So we sit here and shoot the shit all day, maybe even get a lynch going only to come home find out others log in when they come home. Mafia always wins when the games are quick, it is to their advantage. When I got to play mafia, I wanted the day to go by quick so that a kill could be made. That is one downside of time limits (which are IMHO a necessary evil) is that the town does not get enough time for everyone to reread a million posts. We need to find some balance in this, so guys who work late, or post after work, dont just post a bandwagon vote, read the conversation and offer opinion on strategy. It has been too often that those who log on later just got with whatever vote is already out there.
--
"He who is not afraid today to say 'no' to the repressive machinery of a criminal bureaucracy earns the right to be called a Human Being."
»lp.org/
»www.ronpaul2008.com/

muzscman
Mr. President
Premium
join:2002-02-15
Florissant, MO
kudos:3

i'm going to have to agree with chlen on everything he said. the mafia want the game to go as fast as possible....that way it confuses everyone and they can start bandwagon's...

day 1 is always a crap shoot. everyone knows that (well at least those of us who have played many many games...).
--
"Ouch! The ramps only 2 feet high you retards" - Zed

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to kewlkarim

I think the reason Mods here started the Serial Killer killings on day 2 was so that people don't sign up only to get killed before they can even post anything.

For instance, if someone was killed now, not only would it not tell us anything, but it would not be any fun for the deceased. At least this way everyone gets to play at least one Day Phase.

Probably.
be back later
--
Take my hand in the meantime. And let's walk into the sunshine.
Everybody got something that they want to sing about, laugh about, cry about, it's true. For me it's you.
"For Me It's You" - Train

kewlkarim
Here all week
Premium
Houston, TX
reply to muzscman

said by muzscman:

day 1 is always a crap shoot. everyone knows that (well at least those of us who have played many many games...).
yea i actually do agree with both of you. but the elast we need people to check in.

and c'mon robert, don't vote for the new guy on day 1.

Vote: Robert

muzscman
Mr. President
Premium
Florissant, MO

said by kewlkarim:

said by muzscman:

yea i actually do agree with both of you. but the elast we need people to check in.

and c'mon robert, don't vote for the new guy on day 1.

Vote: Robert
agreed. we need everyone to login and say hello...are we still missing people?
--

kewlkarim
Here all week
Premium
Houston, TX

said by muzscman:

agreed. we need everyone to login and say hello...are we still missing people?
i think we're still missing people, 14 people didn't post yet, i don't think so at least.
i'll have to look later

muzscman
Mr. President
Premium
Florissant, MO

everyone has posted. i just went through and checked out the list compared to who has posted.
--

kewlkarim
Here all week
Premium
Houston, TX

oo, well thank you..

manfmmd
Premium
join:2003-01-14
Earth, TX
reply to 42246015

vote chlen

Sorry dude, Day 1.

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room

join:2001-12-09
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to 42246015

oh Hell, I don't even have an idea on who to vote for yet.

Just checking in for a while, before i head to work.

are we sure there will be 2 mafia killings? or will it be an every other day thing? ie only 1 family per night or do both families get to kill each night, if that is the case, the town is screwed, because theoretically after night one it could be town 6 mafia 4 ck 1. that could prove to be very very fatal for the people here.
--
Don't run you will just die tired!gigabyte k8ns and amd 3000amd/800@1.04 It isn't my fault I had to ride the short bus to school! Everything in life is mind over matter, if you don't mind it doesn't matter.

I was there on 9-11
Premium
join:2007-04-22
lol

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to 42246015

News!

FROM THE BNN (BROADTOWN NEWS NETWORK):

Wiretaps and you!

Citizens are growing more and more worried about the NSA's alleged wiretapping operations in broadtown. Numerous NSA communication monitoring vans have been spotted all over broadtown. Citizens are growing more and more concerned about this potentially illegal and unconstitutional activity.

NSA Officials have stated "we are only here to monitor the bad guys. If you are a good guy with nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about."

Citizens don't buy it for a second.

--
"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country." - Ronald Reagan

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to manfmmd

said by manfmmd:

vote chlen

Sorry dude, Day 1.
No problems, I dont mind. Like I have said every game, the more people up on the board the better. Then we can have some intelligent (and I use the term lightly) conversation instead of random.

This is very good for all of us in the long run, even if I get lynched hopefully when evening comes and more then the 5 of us are posting regularly we can discuss all the votes.

Many of the people have not posted today, and I think will post later, like marijuna, bigred, notname, etc... I think for now I will hold my vote until we talk more.
--
"He who is not afraid today to say 'no' to the repressive machinery of a criminal bureaucracy earns the right to be called a Human Being."
»lp.org/
»www.ronpaul2008.com/

kewlkarim
Here all week
Premium
Houston, TX
reply to navyet2sw

well..check this out.
last game was almost the same.
2 familes and a SK
but families can kil leach other as well, and the SK can kill either familes or townies,
its for the mafias best intrest to eliminate the other family.
and anybody you vote for on day 1 its a random shot, unless you think they said something suspicious...

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to 42246015

Re: News!

lol, is this stuff for fun or does it have some meaning...please dont say we have a NSA group in Broadtown, cause I got some detergent to flush down my toilet.

I support Ron Paul too...

I was there on 9-11
Premium
lol

All will be revealed in due time!

kewlkarim
Here all week
Premium
Houston, TX
reply to chlen

said by chlen:

lol, is this stuff for fun or does it have some meaning...please dont say we have a NSA group in Broadtown, cause I got some detergent to flush down my toilet.

I support Ron Paul too...
might it be some,......powerful investigative role....
omg, what if its mafia investigators....but NSA sounds more like pro-town...i think

I was there on 9-11
Premium
lol
reply to 42246015

Votes:

Chlen - 1
Violetvenom - 1
Rook008 - 1
Robert - 1

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

Robert
Premium
St John'S, NL
reply to 42246015

Hey mod, just wondering if it would be too muh work for you to post who voted for who from this point onward?

ie

Robert- 1 (kewlkarim)
Chlen - 1 (manfmmd)
Violetvenom - 1 (Robert)
Rook008 - 1 (cow)
--
It's one thing to listen to an idiot talk. As soon as you respond, there are now 2 idiots having a conversation.
~~
The test of the morality of a society is what it does for it's children

I was there on 9-11
Premium
lol

np

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to 42246015

I'd be willing to bet the NSA stuff was posted for a reason, unless lol* has way too much free time.
Hopefully it means we have more than one investigative Role playing for us.
Not ready to vote yet.

Robert
Premium
St John'S, NL
reply to 42246015

said by 42246015:

np
Much appreciated

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH
kudos:1
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

But don't you think it's a little early for voting?
I have come to find out that voting early (albeit us all knowing it is random) that it does get people start defending themselves... it gives better insight than people shooting off random words that mean nothing.

kewlkarim
Here all week
Premium
Houston, TX

said by BigReds42:

I have come to find out that voting early (albeit us all knowing it is random) that it does get people start defending themselves... it gives better insight than people shooting off random words that mean nothing.
you know all about that don't you big red?