uniqs

ThatsAllFolks
@sunrocket.com

ThatsAllFolks to tmj0

Anon

to tmj0

Re: SunRocket Days are OVER!

Today is, indeed, the last day.

Good luck all. Here's hoping your number survives. Considering its owned by the carrier and not SunRocket, it should not be swallowed.

walletless
@dmainc.com

walletless

Anon

source?

ThatsAllFolks
@sunrocket.com

ThatsAllFolks

Anon

said by walletless :

source?
Is the @sunrocket.com next to my handle enough?

what
@199.101.6.x

what to ThatsAllFolks

Anon

to ThatsAllFolks
If you cancel, might need to follow these steps...not sure how good this info is now that SR is finished:

Once your account is closed, our system will
automatically calculate any refund due to you for
unused months by your cancellation date. The refund
will be automatically be credited to the method
of payment on file in 38 days.

Be advised that a disconnected number cannot be
ported away from SunRocket. To port your number
away will take up to 45 business days.

Please follow the instructions below in order to
transfer your phone number to another phone
service provider.

1. Please contact your new phone service provider
and request that they initiate a phone number
transfer. Your new carrier must start this process
for you.
2. Your new provider will ask you to complete a
request form which will require information about
SunRocket. Please use the following:

End User Name: SunRocket
End User Address: 8045 Leesburg
Pike, Suite 300, Vienna VA 22182

In order to cancel your service, we need you to
call our member center. Cancellations cannot be
handled by e-mail.

walletless
@dmainc.com

walletless to ThatsAllFolks

Anon

to ThatsAllFolks
Any news on what will happen to our number and $$?

Packet8 rep
@8x8.com

Packet8 rep to ThatsAllFolks

Anon

to ThatsAllFolks
There should be no problem porting to Packet8. Most of the numbers are owned by Level3 for both SunRocket and Packet8. I expect we could port the number very fast (maybe just a few days or less). Packet8 is operated by 8x8, a company that has been in business for 20 years and it is financially strong (almost cash flow break even in its VoIP phone service in the March quarter).

The Beer
I Love It When A Plan Comes Together
Premium Member
join:2001-07-24
Lincoln, NE

The Beer

Premium Member

said by Packet8 rep :

There should be no problem porting to Packet8. Most of the numbers are owned by Level3 for both SunRocket and Packet8. I expect we could port the number very fast (maybe just a few days or less). Packet8 is operated by 8x8, a company that has been in business for 20 years and it is financially strong (almost cash flow break even in its VoIP phone service in the March quarter).
I will agree with the 20 years however there have been HUNDREDS of posts on this forum about EGHT and their stock games. Personally I bought a car back in 2003-2004 when my stock went from the .50 to 6.00 a share however I would not put them in Financially Strong.

SoSadSR
@comcast.net

SoSadSR to Packet8 rep

Anon

to Packet8 rep
said by Packet8 rep :

If SunRocket were to go belly up before a decision was made to go to Packet 8 and if our numbers were stuck in a state of "limbo" (providing SunRocket were to shut down and leave us high and dry) -- do Packet 8 still have access to port away old SunRocket numbers? Even if no one is there on SunRocket's side to sign away the number transfer?

The Beer
Premium Member
Lincoln, NE

The Beer

Premium Member

said by SoSadSR :

said by Packet8 rep :

If SunRocket were to go belly up before a decision was made to go to Packet 8 and if our numbers were stuck in a state of "limbo" (providing SunRocket were to shut down and leave us high and dry) -- do Packet 8 still have access to port away old SunRocket numbers? Even if no one is there on SunRocket's side to sign away the number transfer?
Here is the thing, TECHNICALLY there is no port as P8, SR and VT all use Level 3 for their numbers (In some markets).

The problem is coming up with a procedure for Level 3 to quickly, and LEGALLY move all those numbers around.

This can be a REALLY easy transition if companies like Level 3 and the providers have a battle plan.

If they follow the status quo, this will be a complete cluster.

I am betting on the cluster.

W8ASA
Biet Noi Tieng Viet Khong?
join:2000-07-31
Dayton, OH

W8ASA to ThatsAllFolks

to ThatsAllFolks

Still letting people sign up?

I went to sunrocket.com, and found that the site will still allow you to sign up for their service. Makes you want to go "Hummmm".

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by W8ASA:

I went to sunrocket.com, and found that the site will still allow you to sign up for their service. Makes you want to go "Hummmm".
Did you enter your information etc? I got service unavailable....

Nate425
Premium Member
join:2005-02-03
Charlottesville, VA

Nate425 to The Beer

Premium Member

to The Beer

Seems like it's safe to say they're done (their PR folks would be all over this by now if it was a lie). So sorry folks, wish it would have gone better.

I am also betting on a cluster when trying to port numbers around. It's just not going to end well.

VTBrendan
Viatalk
Premium Member
join:2005-06-27
Clifton Park, NY

VTBrendan

Premium Member

Hey,

Although it seems pretty obvious at this point, I would suggest to people that have numbers with SR that they really do want to keep to perhaps get the porting process started. We do enough business with L3 to know that there is a good chance things won't be handled to gracefully on their side should porting become an issue later down the road.

-Brendan

The Beer
Premium Member
Lincoln, NE

The Beer

Premium Member

Brendan,

I have a ticket open just for that at VT.

How quickly are you all jumping on this?

W8ASA
Biet Noi Tieng Viet Khong?
join:2000-07-31
Dayton, OH

W8ASA to ptrowski

to ptrowski

Re: Still letting people sign up?

No, I only went as far as the page to enter the information. I didn't want actually to sign up. I was only trying to see if they would allow someone to sign up on this their "last" day.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by W8ASA:

No, I only went as far as the page to enter the information. I didn't want actually to sign up. I was only trying to see if they would allow someone to sign up on this their "last" day.
once you hit submit from entering in your information ie address ect is when it comes up. I think they do it then to make you feel like they don't have numbers, not that they are tanking.
sluri
join:2001-02-10

2 edits

sluri to ThatsAllFolks

to ThatsAllFolks

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but aren't there some federal guidelines for bankruptcy of these kinds of services? I know of a lot of people who have sunrocket for their only phone service, god forbid an emergency and you have to call for 911 for fire etc. and your phone is dead. not because of a temporary problem but because the company went belly up. It would be like a company who provides electricity and closes shop in the middle of summer, leaving hundreds of people without AC etc. I think the execs of sunrocket should/would be responsible for such a thing happening. It is not like this just came up on their last financial papers. When you keep loosing money and work on a collect first then give service type of system, and the whole idea of your company running is based on new customers it is bound for failure (i think this falls under a pyramid scheme system). The thing that pisses me off is that they billed me for my international calls and didn't credit me the 3 dollars. insult to injury...... I can only predict a house fire, and no working phone thanks to sunrocket belly up, and one or more of their execs headed for jail. If they do close up shop for good, I am more irritated with the way they did it. I can only imagine the mess with number porting etc.
sluri

Aveamantium
join:2006-10-02
Loveland, CO

Aveamantium

That is truly a frightening thought sluri, especially for those SR customers not following this thread which I would suspect to me most of them. Good luck all!

MSP
@comcast.net

MSP to The Beer

Anon

to The Beer
What is VT? I am trying to go back to landline Verizon until this is all ironed out. I don't think they will be able to port my number out though. Also, what is a cluster port?

joeplumer
@verizon.net

joeplumer to ThatsAllFolks

Anon

to ThatsAllFolks
does this mean that sunrocket is out of business?

dmolavi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

1 recommendation

dmolavi

Premium Member

said by joeplumer :

*slaps self on forehead*

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

1 edit

1 recommendation

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by dmolavi:
said by joeplumer :

*slaps self on forehead*

**takes dmolavi's hand and smacks the poster, his forehead, and mine just to make sure I was not dreaming and that was actually posted**
agalonsk
join:2005-03-04
Newtown, PA

agalonsk to joeplumer

to joeplumer
said by joeplumer :

Nope, I'm not sure what would have given you that impression.

cpw11
@sprintlink.net

cpw11 to joeplumer

Anon

to joeplumer
What (who) is VT????

Aveamantium
join:2006-10-02
Loveland, CO

Aveamantium

VT=Viatalk
tivoboy
join:2004-05-10
Menlo Park, CA

tivoboy to cpw11

to cpw11
VT is viatalk

nogotchas
@atlanticbb.net

nogotchas to ThatsAllFolks

Anon

to ThatsAllFolks

*****NO GOTCHAS GUARANTEE *****

***NO GOTCHAS GUARANTEE *****
WTF can we do with that? Sue for $54 mln. each (pants story rerun)???

I think we were taken for a serious spin here. With that "pick up" line.

huntermcdole
Premium Member
join:2005-08-01
Oxnard, CA

huntermcdole

Premium Member

didn't you read earlier it was a mistake. The logo was suppose to be " No, Gatcha" there for it would be "No, Gatchas Guaranteed"

dave49310
@youcanmail.us

dave49310 to ThatsAllFolks

Anon

to ThatsAllFolks

Other than the customer service number and the phone doesn't work, this is all roomer hearsay and popular opinion. does anybody have any facts?

Fact
@comcast.net

Fact

Anon

Sunrocket is out of business...