spc
Search similar:

uniqs

walletless
@insightbb.com

walletless

Anon

Planning to do a credit card dispute? Read this

A bit of advice for everyone who is going to dispute with credit card company. I just got off the phone with MBNA dispute department.

My credit card is offering me 4 months to dispute, and luckily, I am just 3 days short of 4 months So I can dispute my Sunrocket charge so long as they receive my faxed dispute within 3 days.

1) Please email Sunrocket Customer Service email address. You will get an auto response message - print that email. You will require that as proof that you tried to contact Sunrocket prior to filing.
2) Mention in your letter that you also tried to call customer service and you got the automated "greeting" that they have stopped taking service calls.
3) Login to your phone carriers account and print the call logs indicating your attempt to call sunrocket's 800 number.
4) Call your credit card dispute resolution department IMMEDIATELY. Most credit card will have this department open for 24 hours. Have them fax the dispute form (if they do not have them online for printing). Immediately fax them the above proofs along with the completed dispute form and a cover letter indicating that you had paid for 2 years of service and the service ended abrubptly, and calls to customer service were futile.
5) Sit back and relax. The credit card company will generally attempt to call Sunrocket's 800 number to check, and if they are unable to reach SR, they will automatically credit you the amount they charged.
mprindle
join:2002-03-14
Sugar Land, TX

mprindle

Good advice... Can you post the email address for the support.

M Prindle
proletarian2
join:2007-01-08

proletarian2 to walletless

to walletless
I called in to citi to dispute my charge from January this year.

The rep asked how much of the charge - i told him the ENTIRE tamale. He set the process in motion, no questions asked.

He said they would first contact the merchant (SR) of the dispute. I don't expect they'll get much of a response.

Aside from being w/ out a landline for a week until my port goes through to another provider, I might actually come out ahead on this one.
amdmaxx
join:2005-08-05
Fair Lawn, NJ

amdmaxx

How about AmEx blue card? I ordered the service good 3-6 months ago..

walletless
@insightbb.com

walletless to mprindle

Anon

to mprindle
said by mprindle:

Good advice... Can you post the email address for the support.

M Prindle
memberservices@sunrocket.com
walletless

walletless to amdmaxx

Anon

to amdmaxx
said by amdmaxx:

How about AmEx blue card? I ordered the service good 3-6 months ago..
I suggest call AMEX IMMEDIATELY and tell them that you want to dispute the charges. The T&C of each card varies, and the available dispute period is different for each card.
planetdell
join:2002-02-07
Round Rock, TX

planetdell to walletless

to walletless
I called Discover Card a little while ago and the rep started laughing when I mention Sunrocket! She said they've received a load of calls from customers asking to dispute Sunrocket charges. She credited my account and will forward some paperwork to complete the process.
ODYSSEY8
join:2001-12-06
Raleigh, NC

ODYSSEY8 to walletless

to walletless
If you are over the time limit for a phone dispute with Capital One, you will need to mail your dispute to the following address:

Capital One Investigative Solutions / Disputes
PO BOX 30279
SLC UT 84130
mprindle
join:2002-03-14
Sugar Land, TX

mprindle to walletless

to walletless
I also called Citi Mastercard and was told that anything older than 6 months must be mailed or faxed in. The Fax number for Citi Mastercard dispute department is 605-357-2021. Include the info above plus your account number, a note that it was a prepaid service, the charge amount and the exact date of the transaction. If you are unable to get your statements for the date and amount then if you use Quicken or simular program get it from there.

M Prindle
sokhapkin
Premium Member
join:2003-05-08
North Fort Myers, FL

sokhapkin

Premium Member

Yup. Good advise. I keep all transactions starting with year 2000 in GNUCash.

huntermcdole
Premium Member
join:2005-08-01
Oxnard, CA

huntermcdole to walletless

Premium Member

to walletless
Chase required me to submit a fax to 888-643-9624 it's a Starbucks Duetto card if anyone needs that info (My charge was on Feb 21st, that is why I can't do it over the phone)
pug_ster
join:2007-04-25
Brooklyn, NY

pug_ster to walletless

to walletless
I called Chase to call about a dispute about my bill. The agent didn't bother to question me because he mentioned that he spoke to another customer about sunrocket earlier.
jay_rm
join:2002-04-12
Netville

jay_rm

I'm on the (ViaTalk) phone with Chase right now - first rep said, no problem - we can help. On hold waiting for Tier 2 now - we'll see. I signed up on 3/30...

huntermcdole
Premium Member
Oxnard, CA

huntermcdole to pug_ster

Premium Member

to pug_ster
Maybe that was me :-P
jay_rm
join:2002-04-12
Netville

jay_rm

said by jay_rm:

I'm on the (ViaTalk) phone with Chase right now - first rep said, no problem - we can help. On hold waiting for Tier 2 now - we'll see. I signed up on 3/30...
Well, according to my Chase rep, I'm getting a credit for my original charge, minus the 3.5 months I've used. That will be $174.39.

Even though it's being pro-rated, I'm not gonna complain one bit (if the credit actually goes through - it sure sounded like it was a done deal...).

Now, on to getting a number port...

floatsam73
@comcast.net

floatsam73 to walletless

Anon

to walletless
I have Sunrocket from August 2006. I called my cc company Amex and they said they might not be able to do much at this point of time. They still opened a dispute case on this issue and took all the details.

sirtiger
@rinc.net

sirtiger

Anon

just called amex. SR user since March 07. Its in dispute.....doesn't seem to be an issue for now

chaimdan
@charter.com

chaimdan to walletless

Anon

to walletless
I tried disputing with my AMEX BLUE and they said it was older than 60 days and it didn't go through ( they did try)...

SR charged my DEC 19, 2006...

Anyone have any luck with amex blue?

pitroad01
join:2006-07-10
Raleigh, NC

pitroad01 to walletless

to walletless
Thanks for opening up this topic. I would have thought about it eventually but because I saw this last night I started the process and faxed off everything this morning. I'm dealing with Bank of America. They requested I send a cover letter with explanation of everything and any paperwork (invoices,etc). They sounded like it may take 4-6 weeks but I could deduct the deputed amount now from my payments and things would be adjusted when the smoke clears.
Acela
join:2003-07-20
Jamaica, NY

Acela to walletless

to walletless
I just called Citi (I have the Simplicity Card) and was told I would need to fax or mail in a form they will send me. I find it quite strange since this charge is about 3 months old..but anyways..i guess i will have to wait for the letter and sign it describing the situation. Best of luck to all. I wish the process was more automated though. But i will take what i can get.

Anon
@iss.net

Anon

Anon

Is it possible to dispute a debit card charge ?
I had paid SunRocket using my debit card and now want my money back .

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios

if it was done via a Visa check card or the like yes since it is treated as a CC

Anon
@iss.net

Anon

Anon

Great ! Yes it was done via Visa check card, I will call my bank and get more information.
Thanks ..

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD to walletless

Premium Member

to walletless

Re: CreditCard ChargeBack successful

Complete success with phone call request for chargebacks to both Chase VISA and AmExp Platinum (both are business accounts). Just keep in mind that most issuers require paper documentation or signed statments once you are 60 to 90 days out from the date of the original charge.

»Re: Credit Card ChargeBack Success
N9MD

N9MD to walletless

Premium Member

to walletless

Re: Planning to do a credit card dispute? Read this

Huh!?! There is no service for members at memberservices! So how is that email address gonna help?

skibum
@ptd.net

skibum

Anon

the point is to show your credit card company you made an attempts to contact them and they told you to piss off

Juegos1960
@wideopenwest.com

Juegos1960 to huntermcdole

Anon

to huntermcdole
Where do I get the form? I have no phone service at all. And my charge was in Dec & Jan (double billed and credited back).
Juegos1960

Juegos1960

Anon

for the chase visa CC

huntermcdole
Premium Member
Oxnard, CA

huntermcdole

Premium Member

they told me to type up a letter, with

Merchant name
Charge Date & Amount
Service (1 year Phone)
Company out of business
Phone number they can reach you at
Why you are disputing
Fax to that number (888-643-9624)
jedijood
join:2007-07-17

jedijood to walletless

to walletless
For those who are used an AMEX Starwood, no luck in getting an immediate dispute going because it is 60 days over the allowable time. However, if you ask, you can ask the rep to put in a request for someone in the higher ups to look at your situation. Just ask her to put in a request to customer service, explain the situation and what's going on with sunrocket. they will be glad to help since they feel for your position. They will get file a record of your complaint and someone will review it in the next 45 days and you will recieve a response in the next 4-6 weeks. Hey, it's better than nothing.